Alcoholic Ginger Beer

Started by Neph, April 27, 2010, 21:06:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Neph

Since I was a child I've always been fond of Ginger Berr. When I heard there was now an alcoholic version I was rather pleased. I'm now trying the Crabbies one and even though it's a bit sweeter than a lot of 'ordinary' ginger beers it's still very pleasant. I've got A Franks one to try next so I'll be able to compare and contrast.
#herewego10inarow

Dixkot

Mike, I think the Crabbie's one, with loads of ice is beautiful.  Very refreshing and not a sickly sweat as the fancy ciders doing the rounds.  Haven't heard of the other one TBH.

The Doctor 2

Crabbies tastes marvellous with a large vodka in it. ;)
It's not a different Doctor

Dixkot

Quote from: The Doctor 2 on April 27, 2010, 23:03:53 pm

What doesn't Tam? ;D

The Doctor 2

Quote from: Dixkot on April 27, 2010, 23:11:51 pm
What doesn't Tam? ;D

Yes Richard. Not much really, not much.  Now, where is that Russian standard?
It's not a different Doctor

Blastzone

Quote from: The Doctor 2 on April 27, 2010, 23:03:53 pm

Gonna try that :)
Mon the Jambos

Neph

The Franks alcoholic Ginger Beer was nowhere near as sweet as the Crabbies although it didn't have the niecy fieriness of the Crabbies either. A mixture of the two would be just about perfect.
#herewego10inarow

Spud

Crabbies is nice on a hot summers day with plenty of ice.  can't do more than 3 bottles though as it's a little sweet for my liking - although it does have a nice warming "ginger" kick to the back of the throat

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Spud on June 03, 2010, 08:59:27 am
Crabbies is nice on a hot summers day with plenty of ice.  can't do more than 3 bottles though as it's a little sweet for my liking - although it does have a nice warming "ginger" kick to the back of the throat

Pathetic 5th form public schoolboy humour adverts though

Summerland

Received a birthday bottle of Crabbie's from my mate Crabbie.

Only just cracked it, very cold from the fridge.

Not particularly to my taste on its own. Improved with a few dashes of lemon juice. Improved further with a Doctor's  ;) order of Smirnoff from the freezer.  :D

Don't think I'll get another, though.
-.-- -.-- --..