What games are you playing? Round 4

Started by Chris Quartly, April 21, 2010, 18:16:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

Here's our latest release ;-)

It's out on PS4, Xbox One, Switch and PC/Steam

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXero3WBiUs

Reg

Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Stewart

Reg

Quote from: Stewart on January 06, 2020, 14:49:10 pmNice! how is it Reg?
Hmm.... the title track "Into The Wonderful" is missing, replaced by "Heaven To Hades". Some kind of licencing issue perhaps?

The save system is different - no need for passwords like in the Amiga original.

Apart from that, it plays pretty much the same - although, having just loaded up Gods the original on Amiga Forever 8 Plus (v8.3) to compare, I can confirm that the XBO remastered version is SLOWER. As in everything just moves more slowly. Also, and sometimes leading to deaths that aren't really your fault, getting onto ladders to go up and down is more tricky on the XBO version.

There are some small tweaks in the control system to take advantage of the XBO controller layout.

It looks nice, but I'm glad I didn't pay full price.

If only "they" would do a proper remastered version (but faithful to the original) of . . . .

Chaos Engine

Ah - such fond memories of 2 player co-op working our way through that. 

Until then, there is always Amiga Forever whenever I need a proper bit of nostalgia.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide