So, what are you reading at the moment? Volume 5

Started by Dixkot, January 07, 2010, 13:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JonL

The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Andy42g

Well it kept me up till 1am three nights running, so yes I'd say a good old Stephen King page turner. Enjoyed it.
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

dwtty

Just finished Carlos Ruiz Zafon's 'The Angel's Game'. First time I've read a modern book that was originally not written in English. Absolutely gripping but maybe due to the translation very hard to read quickly. I like to read a book in 2 days top, struggled with this one. Very good, supernatural crime-ish story set in early 20th century Barcelona. Pants ending though, a bit Koontz like.
Never trust a man with a weak chin.

Muppet

Possibly his best yet - (only possibly as I'm only half way through)
One likes to believe
In the freedom of music

JonL

The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Andy42g

Quote from: dwtty on December 16, 2012, 22:33:03 pm
Just finished Carlos Ruiz Zafon's 'The Angel's Game'. First time I've read a modern book that was originally not written in English...

Didn't really get on with that one for some reason, but really enjoyed his "The Shadow of the Wind".

andyhaines

Quote from: Andy42g on December 18, 2012, 18:45:11 pm
Didn't really get on with that one for some reason, but really enjoyed his "The Shadow of the Wind".

Same here.  :)

Whatever colours you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

Norwegian

"Information does not kill you" - FZ

captainkurtz

Quote from: JonL on October 20, 2012, 13:27:00 pm
Just a few pages into it, seems typical Young, rambling but interesting.

Just started this - enjoying it alot.

Anger is a gift.

Mike

Reading Mission Earth, some of it for the second time. Gave up after the fourth volume about 20 years ago. Onto volume five at the moment. Definitely too much repitition and filler now, but there's still great charm to this monstrous piece of pulp, certainly in the first two books.

döm

By Ben Miller - particle physics student turned comedian (as in Armstrong and Miller) - really good read for a dumbass like me
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Andrew_Haldane

I've got several dozen books waiting on shelves and in boxes that I've picked up over the years. I should probably be more realistic about my intentions to get around to reading them and simply donate them to Cancer Research now.

Andy42g

Quote from: Mike on December 21, 2012, 22:56:56 pm
Reading Mission Earth, some of it for the second time. Gave up after the fourth volume about 20 years ago. Onto volume five at the moment. Definitely too much repitition and filler now, but there's still great charm to this monstrous piece of pulp, certainly in the first two books.

The first book is a real monster and I remember really being thrilled by it's sheer scope when I read it - must be 20+ years ago. One of those epics I've always meant to revisit - The Magician being another one and some of the Piers Anthony stuff from back then. I guess they'd not be quite as memorbale reading them again now though.

Chris Quartly

About 2/3 of the way through The Road, pretty bleak, but good.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

pdw1

Read this excellent history of Venice and its medieval trade empire over Christmas.

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown