So, what are you reading at the moment? Volume 5

Started by Dixkot, January 07, 2010, 13:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JonL

Just a few pages into it, seems typical Young, rambling but interesting.

The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Beebop

JonL

Quote from: JonL on October 20, 2012, 13:27:00 pm
Just a few pages into it, seems typical Young, rambling but interesting.

Just about finished this. A thoroughly enjoyable read. Not your most linear read, but he comes across as a likeable old curmugeon. His obsession with sound quality seems all consuming though, he even has a disclaimer on his website regarding the album stream.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Chris Quartly

Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

pdw1

The House of Wisdom - Jonathan Lyons

A fascinating subject but not a great book.  A good read but a bit lightweight. I am not sure he really knows his maths or his Muslim history  :-\
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Ron

Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

pdw1

Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Ron

Quote from: pdw1 on November 02, 2012, 11:57:59 am
I wonder why?  8)

Wading through a pile of books, this accidentally ended up on top.  ;D
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

JonL

I like the guy, but humility isn't his strong point.

JonL

Andy42g

November 06, 2012, 17:20:31 pm #340 Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 13:02:11 pm by Andy42g
Picked up Andy Kershaw's No Off Switch at the station and read a lot of it on the train. Most enjoyable .
Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

JonL

Not a GNR fan, but I've heard its a good read. I've already learned that Duff Beer from the Simpsons is named after him.

Andrew_Haldane

Andy42g

Why isn't there a sarcasm font?

captainkurtz

Anger is a gift.