So, what are you reading at the moment? Volume 5

Started by Dixkot, January 07, 2010, 12:00:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Ron

Can't put it down! Read two thirds of it on the plane back from Canada and going to finish it tonight. An excellent twist on a vampire style saga. Makes it ancient and biological in an I am Legend / The Thing sort of way as opposed to some sort of supernatural basis. Part 1 of a trilogy. Will definitely be getting the others. Definitely NOT one for Twilight fans. :)
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

Ron

Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

mickpaz2112

Some people say they've seen angels,
I've seen United,
That's enough.

andyhaines

Whatever colours you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

Gary L. Grape

"Marsipansoldaten" (translates to "The Marzipan Soldier" in English) by Ulla-Lena Lundberg

[attachment deleted by admin]

Lucy

Wolf Hall  - Hilary Mantel
whizzed through this, this week although I began it on the plane to TO, but didn't read much there.

A well told story about one of my favourite periods in history, but the author mis-used the pronoun 'he' in a very annoying fashion. It was clearly a 'device' but a pointless one imo and it just made it unnecessarily confusing.
Cut to the chase

JonL

Agassi - Open

A dozen pages in and it's already a terriffic, honest and, erm, open account by one of my sporting heroes.

A proper autobiography it seems, take note Ozzy.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

NeilP

Just finished 3 enjoyable paperbacks on holiday - Stuart Maconies - Cider with Roadies, Pies and Prejudice: In Search of the North & Adventures on the High Teas: In Search of Middle England.

Hilarious at times and the occasional Rush reference to boot, very good I thought.

sjsbrfc

From first to last. The peak is never passed. Something always fires the light that gets in your eyes

Ron

Crewe

Lucy

Cut to the chase

Ron

Crewe

JonL

Quote from: NeilP on August 01, 2010, 13:02:03 pm
Just finished 3 enjoyable paperbacks on holiday - Stuart Maconies - Cider with Roadies, Pies and Prejudice: In Search of the North & Adventures on the High Teas: In Search of Middle England.

Hilarious at times and the occasional Rush reference to boot, very good I thought.

Just finished Cider.. last week. Very enjoyable.

Pies and Prejusdice is on the shelf, didn't know there was a third.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Blastzone

One of the books I read on holiday was Pig Island by Mo Hayder.
Excellent
Mon the Jambos

Nicola B

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson

Just started it..
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...