Your TNMS meet up of the noughties

Started by zoony, January 02, 2010, 10:45:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

Oh.  Right then.

December 2002 was my first I think - the inaugural tnms Xmas curry, (followed by YYZ at Moses Gate I think?). 

EuCon 2003.  Brilliant.  Got very drunk (honestly a rarity for me).  Tried (very badly) to sing The Big Money in the Rush karaoke (as I can't sing, I wouldn't have attempted this if not very drunk!).  Had mental air-jam session with ARH and Craig Bayfield during YYZ.  I've still got a photo of us in the kebab shop afterwards somewhere.

Stalker tour 2004.  Sharing a room with Ashley D.  Meeting all sorts of lovely people.  The Manchester gig.

Prague Posse 2004 - what a weekend, even though my 'phone was stolen.  Great tnms'ers.  Great beer.  Great gig standing right at the front.

The East Midlands meet (I'm in Slim's photo above).

Scandinavian Monkey Business Tour 2007.  Now this really was special - with the highlight (for me) being the now infamous in Rush-lore Stockholm to Helsinki ferry crossing.

The pre-gig meet at Sheffield 2007 where I had more beers than usual, and Captain Ron and others heroically refrained from telling me that Mission was on the set list - this after telling them that I would dearly love to see Mission, Marathon, or Middletown Dreams.

Thanks for the thread by the way Rob.  Its nice to remember the good things in life.

Overall, EuCon '03 is my most fondly remembered 'tnms meet', as I met so many people for the first time, and really had a blast. 

So thanks to one and all I've met along the way.  And here's to more to come.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

pdw1

Quote from: Reg on January 06, 2010, 09:19:48 am
The pre-gig meet at Sheffield 2007 where I had more beers than usual, and Captain Ron and others heroically refrained from telling me that Mission was on the set list - this after telling them that I would dearly love to see Mission, Marathon, or Middletown Dreams.

That was fun especially as I arrived all excited because I had heard them soundchecking and nearly let the cat out of the bag ;)
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

zoony

Quote from: Reg on January 06, 2010, 09:19:48 am
Oh.  Right then.

December 2002 was my first I think - the inaugural tnms Xmas curry, (followed by YYZ at Moses Gate I think?). 

EuCon 2003.  Brilliant.  Got very drunk (honestly a rarity for me).  Tried (very badly) to sing The Big Money in the Rush karaoke (as I can't sing, I wouldn't have attempted this if not very drunk!).  Had mental air-jam session with ARH and Craig Bayfield during YYZ.  I've still got a photo of us in the kebab shop afterwards somewhere.

Stalker tour 2004.  Sharing a room with Ashley D.  Meeting all sorts of lovely people.  The Manchester gig.

Prague Posse 2004 - what a weekend, even though my 'phone was stolen.  Great tnms'ers.  Great beer.  Great gig standing right at the front.

The East Midlands meet (I'm in Slim's photo above).

Scandinavian Monkey Business Tour 2007.  Now this really was special - with the highlight (for me) being the now infamous in Rush-lore Stockholm to Helsinki ferry crossing.

Thanks for the thread by the way Rob.  Its nice to remember the good things in life.

Overall, EuCon '03 is my most fondly remembered 'tnms meet', as I met so many people for the first time, and really had a blast. 

So thanks to one and all I've met along the way.  And here's to more to come.

I thought you'd have mentioned EUCON06 Reg, particularly as you knocked me out of the pool competition!

Pudders

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on January 05, 2010, 08:44:08 am
The Green Man pre-gig on the R30 tour was notable as I met Pudders for the first time.

It's been all down hill from then eh?

I'm particularly fond of the pre PT gig at the SBE gig - considerably better than the gig on that occasion. I got absolutely shit-faced I admit - but distinctly remember Q and his handbag ;D

Green Man on both Rush tours had more than it's fair share of 'moments' and I remember laughing out loud on the train on the way up in 2007 when I got a text (about noon) from ARH which simply said "HURRY UP!" And of course I WAS the green man in 2005 having tried to match Bez on Stellas at a Gov't Mule gig the night before the reunion meet up  ::)

And who the hell were we going to see when Lucy got her whistle out??

Norwegian

Quote from: Pudders on January 08, 2010, 00:42:00 am

I'm particularly fond of the pre PT gig at the SBE gig - considerably better than the gig on that occasion. I got absolutely shit-faced I admit - but distinctly remember Q and his handbag ;D

It´s a classic ;D
"Information does not kill you" - FZ

Lucy

It's been all down hill from then eh?

Green Man on both Rush tours had more than it's fair share of 'moments' and I remember laughing out loud on the train on the way up in 2007 when I got a text (about noon) from ARH which simply said "HURRY UP!" And of course I WAS the green man in 2005 having tried to match Bez on Stellas at a Gov't Mule gig the night before the reunion meet up  ::)

And who the hell were we going to see when Lucy got her whistle out??

PRR wasn't it?  ;D :P
Cut to the chase

Analog RH

And of course I WAS the green man in 2005 having tried to match Bez on Stellas at a Gov't Mule gig the night before the reunion meet up  ::)

;)

Analog RH

Found out that an old website of mine is still active. Got some good pics from the past on it:

Green Man 2004

Newcastle 2005

Green Man Reunion 2005

Analog RH

Quote from: TerrBerr on January 02, 2010, 19:51:38 pm

Jan-06   Manchester   MM - My first visit to Jilly's rock world

Quote from: TerrBerr on January 02, 2010, 19:51:38 pm

Apr-06   2112 at Moses Gate   Total carnage with ARH, RedStar, Roadcrew, Paz, Pez, Dave Egan and the CP Posse

Bez

Quote from: Analog Rockin' Hard on January 08, 2010, 09:38:01 am
Found out that an old website of mine is still active. Got some good pics from the past on it:

Green Man 2004

Newcastle 2005

Green Man Reunion 2005

a great shot of Q with handbag in the Green Man Reunion pics....!

he has the look of a man sent to the chemist to buy "lady products" for the first time....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Chris Quartly

That was yonks ago, I'm way more comfotable with my handbags now. ;D

It's about time we had another "Green Man", how about a summer beerfest in the garden?

My memories are fairly hazy but there were some fun times at the Moses gate a couple of years running, I seem to remember they were around Christmas time?
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade