System updates

Started by Stewart, November 25, 2008, 17:26:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart

November 25, 2008, 17:26:30 pm Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 21:32:38 pm by Stewart
Over the rest of this week there will be new additions to the site, they cover ...

1. Google maps - For member locations - DONE!
2. Ad banners - For our play affiliation etc. (this helps keep the site running) - DONE!
3. News page - Like the site of old.
4. Donation tracker - Like the old site too, however this will also automatically updated from paypal unlike the old one.
5. Increase font size for Zoony. - DONE!

So if you see the site disappear then you know I've broken something :) Or I'm just in the middle of sorting stuff out.

spudley

The "logout" option has disappeared from the top of my screen since the member map has been added to the list. I can see it when I use mymain PC but not when I'm  using my little EeePC laptop. Any suggestions?

Chris Quartly

That's weird, I just noticed that I couldn't see the Logout option if I'm browsing in a smaller window, but if I make it full screen there it is.

Could have something to do with your screen size or resolution. I'm sure Stew can tweak the settings a little.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Tom Garrett

Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Stewart

re: "Logout" it's nothing to do with that button, it's the width of the menu bar, if it's reduced too much then the last item will vanish.

This is done to various members asking for the site to be variably sized, it's a fallout of that am afraid :( not sure what I can about it, but will think about it.

pdw1

I think it would be worth telling everyone (by e-mail or an announcent?) that they can update their profiles with a location on the map (if they want to).  Very nice little app by the way.

Patrick
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Chris Quartly

Quote from: Stewart on November 26, 2008, 21:39:04 pm
re: "Logout" it's nothing to do with that button, it's the width of the menu bar, if it's reduced too much then the last item will vanish.

This is done to various members asking for the site to be variably sized, it's a fallout of that am afraid :( not sure what I can about it, but will think about it.

Can we have two menu bars? One below the other.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Stewart

Quote from: Chris Quartly on November 27, 2008, 11:50:12 am
Can we have two menu bars? One below the other.

That's one of the ideas am looking at.

RobertELee

Quote from: spudley on November 26, 2008, 18:12:59 pm
The "logout" option has disappeared from the top of my screen since the member map has been added to the list. I can see it when I use mymain PC but not when I'm  using my little EeePC laptop. Any suggestions?

get a proper laptop tightwad ;D

Stewart

I've made another couple of quick changes, see the first post for the list.

The main change now has been the little ad bannery sponsorey things under each post. These randomly display a couple of button ads at the mo, Either Play.com, Amazon.co.uk and the BBC shop, however I'll be adding a load more (upto 40) over the next few days.

Captain Ron

New large font size is painfully big. I know some need it but it makes the site look totally Tommee Tippee on my large display.
"I was brought up to believe" (but never to leave beer)

Stewart

Quote from: Captain Ron on November 29, 2008, 02:00:00 am
New large font size is painfully big. I know some need it but it makes the site look totally Tommee Tippee on my large display.

It was just two sizes bigger, from 8pt to 10pt, so I've now gone for a 9pt...

If it's still nuts, can you take a screenshot and attach it, as it looks fine to me.