Chris' coruscate circumlocution

Started by Chris Quartly, October 04, 2002, 23:21:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Quartly

January 23, 2009, 11:48:57 am #225 Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 16:52:38 pm by Chris Quartly
Don McGlashan - The Borderline 22/01/09

Edit - setlist:

Winning Numbers
While You Sleep
Bad Blood
Envy of Angels
Along The Boundary
Long Time Gone
Straight To Your Head
A Thing Well Made
Tomorrow Night
Like This Train
Marvellous Year
Pulled Along By Love
She's Been Talking
Anchor Me
========
Dominion Road
Queens English
Bathe In The River
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Bez

sounds like a good fun evening Q....I'll be up for seeing him with a band....
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Chris Quartly

I forgot to mention, there's a CD coming out soon, 7 Worlds Collide I think, some kind of Neil Finn Oxfam Charity CD anyway, but it sounds like Don, Radiohead and a bunch of other people play on it, not sure if they all have their own songs on there or if they just play Neil's songs. But Don was saying he had just played with Radiohead in those sessions (Phil Selway was supposedly in the crowd too).
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Lucy

Quote from: Chris Quartly on January 23, 2009, 11:48:57 am
Don McGlashan - The Borderline 22/01/09

I sooo enjoyed this gig - he was funny and musical. I am not as familiar with the material - only having Q's sampler, but it didn't matter - there was enough I did know. I loved the looping he did (with and without mistakes!).
At one point he put his capo on the wrong fret - too high- and began the song only to realise he wasn't going to manage it at that pitch - which he happily admitted to us and just made a joke of it. Very funny.

Would definitely like to see him again and will get his new album - I think he said he had one out as well as the collaborative one? Or did I get that wrong?
Anyway - thanks to Q for introducing me to him. Sorry I dashed to the loo at the end!  :)
Cut to the chase

Chris Quartly

He has one solo album out already, which come to think of it I don't think he played any tracks from! He was going to play Toy Factory but played a song-request instead.

It sounds like he just finished his new solo record and it should be out soon, and he has recorded a song (at least) for the collaborative one so looks like we should have a few things from him this year :)

Chris Quartly

January 29, 2009, 11:37:49 am #230 Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 12:23:14 pm by Chris Quartly
Btw someone has uploaded the show, albeit in mp3 form here - http://perso.numericable.fr/paturel.olivier/dmcg.htm

Am downloading it at the moment but am told it's good.

Edit - well worth a download :)

Bez

thanks for the heads up Q, downloading now...

Lucy

Cut to the chase

Bez

Quote from: Lucy on January 29, 2009, 22:26:09 pm
;D  8)  :-*

is that a hint ?

all you have to do is follow the link and then download the tracks individually to a folder on your desktop....if you get stuck let me know and I'll send CDs... ;)

Lucy

Quote from: Bez on January 29, 2009, 22:29:19 pm
is that a hint ?

all you have to do is follow the link and then download the tracks individually to a folder on your desktop....if you get stuck let me know and I'll send CDs... ;)

yes but it's just easier if you do it...
I'll have ago at the weekend  :(

Cut to the chase

Bez

Quote from: Lucy on January 29, 2009, 22:31:55 pm
yes but it's just easier if you do it...
I'll have ago at the weekend  :(

where's that LoL smiley when you need it....

Lucy

Quote from: Bez on January 29, 2009, 22:45:34 pm
where's that LoL smiley when you need it....

well I have downloaded the tracks - did it on my new laptop so was quicker than my old dinosaur of a desktop. Haven't put then on a cd yet and can't quite bring myself to listen to them on the laptop with no proper speakers.
Cut to the chase

Chris Quartly

captainkurtz

Nice review - great pics.

Disappointed not to be seeing her this time, but hey ho.  :)
Anger is a gift.

Chris Quartly