Author Topic: Chris' coruscate circumlocution  (Read 40585 times)

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
    • Some Other Sucker's Parade
Re: Chris' rambling.....
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2002, 16:25:42 PM »
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE  :D
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:

Q's Comps

Some Other Suckers Parade

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2003, 21:55:59 PM »
Was in my element Wednesday night, that program on South African Great White Sharks was remarkable. Some of the footage they got was breathtaking. I need to go and see that in real life in the future.

New series of Buffy started on Sky last night, fantastic I'm so glad it's back  ;D

Going to see the Two Towers at the cinema again tomorrow, my Mum hasn't seen it yet and I said I'd go with her.

Peter Gabriel announces some UK dates on Monday so get your credit cards ready  :D

On the playlist
Aimee Mann: Compilation
Dream Theater: SFAM
Portishead: Dummy
Beck: Sea Change
Bush: Golden State

Q's Comps

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2003, 07:11:44 AM »
Well I suppose you're all due an update;

(again please excuse any spelling or grammatical errors given the time of day and alcohol consumption).

Been out yesterday and today, today I went to see Electric Six in Oxford who I must admit ROCKED a lot more than I thought, they put on a great show. I'd love to find out who the support band were as I thought they were excellent as well, all instrumental but very funky and disco-ey,

[glb]Mark says: disco-ey? - Reg would like them
« Last Edit: February 05, 2003, 01:05:04 AM by Mark_Williams »

Q's Comps

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2003, 03:06:58 AM »
Went to see Teenage Fanclub in Oxford last night, a decent gig, just some no-nonsense pop-rock I guess. I don't know much of their stuff but they played a lot I did know, I think they're doing a greatest hits tour or something like that. Support came from the old singer from The Vaselines, and he did "Jesus Don't Want Me For A Sunbeam", made famous of course by Nirvana on their unplugged album.

Got the new OSI album, it's growing on me, I need a few more listens before I really pass judgement on it though.

On the playlist:
OSI - OSI
Beck - Sea Change
Led Zeppelin - 4
The Beatles - Abbey Road
Weezer - Meladroit
Tori Amos - From the Choirgirl Hotel (really loving this album)

Q's Comps

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2003, 19:24:29 PM »
Just about to leave for London, going to see Porcupine Tree at the Sheps Bush Empire, haven't been this excited about a gigi since seeing Rush last summer. Can't wait, it's gonna be good I just know it.

If there are some of you out there that still don't own In Absentia you should be ashamed of yourselves  8)

Got up early this morning for a haircut, and then had to help move the shed when I got back :o

Still in Jeff Buckley mode, got the last few CD's I need through the post today so will listen to those tomorrow. The man was a genius.

Report on the gig to come later. ;D

Q's Comps

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2003, 00:47:46 AM »
Porcupine Tree were AWESOME the other night, great stuff. Setlist largely dominated by In Absentia but that's certainly nothing wrong with that  ;D

I'm off out tonight to see Aynsley Lister play in Oxford, an up-and-coming blues rock guitarist with a decent voice. Should be good, I'm going any minute now, just waiting for me mam to turn up.

On the playlist recently:
Jeff Buckley - Sketches for my sweetheart the drunk
Jeff Buckley - Songs for no-one (not sure on this one really)
Jeff Buckley - Grace EP's

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 16:59:31 PM by Chris Quartly »

Q's Comps

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2003, 05:10:58 AM »
Time for an update to my ego-area  :P

Played footy on Monday, won, great game, sorted.

Looking for cars at the moment, just a little 1.0 or a 1.1, cheap on the insurance. Need to get one fairly urgently but don't want to buy the first scrap-heap that comes along either.

New Radiohead album (out in June) is pretty good, not quite OK Computer but more in that vain than Kid A and Kid B. New Hootie & the Blowfish album is a real disappointment though, not exactly the rock and roll album they were promising.

I've got to go to London today to pick up the budget from the Bank of England, oh joy! And I've got to get it back to Oxford by the end of the day......even better!

Ho-hum

On the playlist:
OSI - OSI
Jeff Buckley - Sketches for my Sweetheart the Drunk
Jeff Buckley - Live in Chicago (DVD)
I Mother Earth - Scenery and Fish

Hoping to get the new IME album in the post soon! Play are "awaiting stock".  ::)

Q's Comps

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2003, 18:53:30 PM »
Updates, hurrah!

Went to see Nada Surf in Oxford on Saturday, and they were excellent yet again (seen them 3 times in about 8 months now), just some great rock music. I guess they have some pop elements too them but that never hurt anyone! They do know how to rock that's for sure.

I'm probably going to see them again in London on Thursday, just for the hell of it! They're playing at the ULU.

After the gig a few of us went into the city and started drinking silly amounts of sambuka (lighting it in our mouths as well, very silly ;))  But an enjoyable night nonetheless.

Building is in progress at home now, it would be nice to be back home by my birthday (June 13th so start saving now :P) but I don't think that's gonna happen.

Tried to put Vapo(u)r Trails in the CD player in the car this morning and it chucked it back out at me! Sigh, had to make do with some Black Sabbath instead
« Last Edit: August 12, 2008, 14:55:01 PM by Chris_Quartly »

Q's Comps

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2003, 07:42:03 AM »
Went to see Nada Surf (again! Well, they are THAT good IMO) in London (at the ULU) tonight, just got back. Need to be up in 4 hours  ::)

Another good show, met a couple of new people, anyone heard of a band called Echoboy? They were raving about them.

Anyways, a decent performance though not quite as good as in Oxford on Saturday. Though they did play "Popular" which was a big hit for them in the States a few years back (strangely, it's one of their worst songs IMO) that everyone always wants to hear but they never play.

The single "Inside of Love" is out on Monday, go pick it up, great pop-rock (the other stuff is rockier) which shows bands like Coldplay how this kind of music SHOULD be performed.

Night.

Q's Comps

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2003, 06:06:37 AM »
Hmmmm, bit happier since my last entry (oh!), just got back from seeing Peter Gabriel at Birmingham NEC, great show too. I've never seen a show quite like it, will post my thoughts when I've had some time to reflect.

Should be getting my car picked up on Wednesday, see how it goes.

On the playlist

Tool - Undertow
Evanescence - Fallen
Aimee Mann - Compilation
ZZ Top - Antenna (sp?)
David Bowie - Heathan
Rush - Presto (yes, Presto ;))
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 17:00:28 PM by Chris Quartly »

Q's Comps

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2003, 20:08:06 PM »
21 today, aren't I lucky....... am I supposed to be at my physical peak now  ::)

Q's Comps

Ashley

• TNMS Member
  • The Musical Box UK TOUR 2007
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2003, 20:24:32 PM »
Happy Birthday mate!  ;D

Don't expect any greetings off this lot though, I got nowt at all on my 40th a few weeks ago!  ::)

Stewart

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2003, 20:29:55 PM »
Chris: Congrats me laddo, go out and get laid ;)

Ash: You never told us, we're not mind readers :P

Stewart

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2003, 16:42:02 PM »
yeah, but did you get Laid?! that's the important question :D

Chris Quartly

• TNMS Administrator
  • TNMS Member
  • "It's business time"
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2003, 04:09:44 AM »
Saturday, went to see the Matrix Reloaded again, my Uncle hadn't seen it and didn't want to go on his own. So I went to see it again. I'm nice like that. Didn't think it was any better or worse on second viewing. I do get the impression though, that when the third one comes out people are going to think that this second film wasn't really needed at all, we'll see.

Sunday had a barbecue, and I was the chef  ;D my Dad normally does it but he got some dust in his eye that scratched his eyeball :( so he went to the local hospital and got some stuff for it, but was told to rest it. And I must say I did a bang-up job on the barbie!

Today, back to work, relieved myself of work Thursday and Friday so was a bit disorientating to be back really. Just about got through the day. Then went to play football after work.

Tomorrow I'm going to see REM! Which I've been waiting for for bloody years, I'm so happy I'll finally get to see them. I'm seeing them on my own though so I'll probably just get there really early and get near the front, got nothing better to do! I know a lot of people don't care for them but they've made a pretty big impression on my life and it's great that I'll finally get to see them live.

On the playlist:
Eels - Electro Shock Blues (my what a happy record this is!!)
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Californication
Del Amitri - Twisted
Rush - Signals
Rush - Grace Under Pressure
Jeff Buckley - Grace
U2 - Best of 1990 - 2000
PJ Harvey - Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea

and some other stuff!

Q's Comps