Author Topic: BOXING THREAD  (Read 36719 times)

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
Re: BOXING THREAD
« Reply #600 on: April 05, 2016, 09:46:49 AM »
Yep. and lets not forget DeGale either.

Don't mind brook to be honest, they all are far too cock sure and gobby these days.

Tyson F had a right old rant about Joshua the other day. I imagine that will come and bite him in the backside within 12 months
The new songs are an abomination

zoony

• TNMS Member
  • Look out, Zoony's about!
« Reply #601 on: April 06, 2016, 15:41:42 PM »
Yep. and lets not forget DeGale either.

Don't mind brook to be honest, they all are far too cock sure and gobby these days.

Tyson F had a right old rant about Joshua the other day. I imagine that will come and bite him in the backside within 12 months

I like Joshua mate, and I hope I'm proved wrong, but I can't help thinking that he's the new Frank Bruno.

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #602 on: April 11, 2016, 15:39:42 PM »
Physically similar, although I think AJ is actually bigger.

The difference that I can see is that AJ has a really nasty streak, and wants to hurt people very badly in the ring.

Big Frank was a bully of rubbish boxers, but when he was taxed with getting a bit of "dog" about him, he just became a dirty fighter and not a very good one at that

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #603 on: April 12, 2016, 17:15:04 PM »
No surprise that AJ beat Martin then. Let's look forward to a blockbuster night of AJ v Fury then, which has got to happen soon.

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #604 on: April 25, 2016, 09:26:28 AM »
Indeed. Lets just see Fury get past Vlad first.......

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #605 on: April 28, 2016, 15:50:28 PM »
Indeed. Lets just see Fury get past Vlad first.......

There's a story going around that Klitschko deliberately lost the first fight so he could get a rematch and glory by regaining the belts. High risk strategy, as if he loses next time, he's surely finished?

NeilP

• TNMS Member
  • here comes the sun....
« Reply #606 on: April 28, 2016, 19:36:36 PM »
Isn't Fury currently rumoured to be 24st?

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #607 on: April 29, 2016, 09:36:57 AM »
He simply wont lose this time, I am convinced. he too Fury far too "lightly" last time

Tyson is "entertaining" but little else, he is hopelessly overweight at the moment. That tactic sort of suited Ricky Hatton for a while, going up and down like a yoyo, but he got found out terrible against the better fighters

I genuinely believe Vlad will strategically destroy him this time round, and not simply hide behind his jab

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #608 on: April 29, 2016, 19:26:47 PM »
My work mate, Jez, was convinced that Klitschko would win last time, and bet £400 on him.

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #609 on: May 12, 2016, 10:05:20 AM »
My work mate, Jez, was convinced that Klitschko would win last time, and bet £400 on him.

Ouch !

Enjoyed the Anthony Crolla fight at the weekend...great tactics
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #610 on: May 12, 2016, 12:25:23 PM »
I saw a brief video of the "knockout". Ridiculous that smacking someone in the head hard enough to make them collapse is considered a sport.

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #611 on: May 12, 2016, 12:54:52 PM »
I saw a brief video of the "knockout". Ridiculous that smacking someone in the head hard enough to make them collapse is considered a sport.

Dictionary says:

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

I suppose the moot point there is "entertainment". Is it entertaining watching a man getting knocked senseless?

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #612 on: May 13, 2016, 09:50:59 AM »
Dictionary says:

an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment.

I suppose the moot point there is "entertainment". Is it entertaining watching a man getting knocked senseless?

No boxer is allowed to get knocked senseless  in boxing. There is always a chance that someone will get knocked out cleanly, granted, but there are dangers in all sports, including cycling where I've seen some horrific crashes, and deaths. No one is forced into any sport, and all the risks are known.

Slim

• TNMS Member
  • catch the taxi driver weeping like a wounded beast
« Reply #613 on: May 13, 2016, 10:02:47 AM »
Of course there are risks in other sports, but in boxing the blows to the head are intentional; considered a legitimate tactic. There's nothing accidental about it.

zoony

• TNMS Member
« Reply #614 on: May 15, 2016, 19:25:25 PM »
Of course there are risks in other sports, but in boxing the blows to the head are intentional; considered a legitimate tactic. There's nothing accidental about it.

It is what it is Slim, but it will be going on long after me and you have gone mate.