Cricket

Started by spudley, November 29, 2007, 22:28:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonners

next on the chopping block I imagine. Was looking decent at Lords, then got sold up the river by STokes in this test
The new songs are an abomination

zoony

Unfortunately the selectors were carried away by Ben Stokes heroics in the last test, and never made the changes to our abject batting line up. Will they do it for the next test, even though the horse has now bolted? They need a serious think regarding the captaincy as well.

Jonners

I hope so, but doubt it. edit: as I type, England name an unchanged side

Too many living on potential and white ball glories, the likes of Buttler and Bairstow have had abject 12 months, poor old Denley gets shifted around, and Roy does not have the technique to handle the moving ball, he gets bowled a lot!

Fascinating article on BBC sport today, Smith has been the difference (along with a very relentless Aussie Pace attack)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/49629725

zoony

Well we might be good at the short forms of cricket, but we can't play the test match version anymore. How you can lose a match by an innings after the position we were in after 2 days is quite unbelievable to be honest.

Nïckslïkk2112

Time to uproot Root
Legend in my own Mind

Jonners

That was shit.

Need a change of skipper definitely, its affecting Roots batting and he looks bereft of ideas when things go wrong.

But who wants the job. Please not Stokes. Leave him alone, remember Botham circa 1980/81

Burns captains Surrey, but is his place secure. Maybe Broad? Buttler not cemented in.

The agony of no choice....

zoony

Quote from: Jonners on November 26, 2019, 17:58:02 pmThat was shit.

Need a change of skipper definitely, its affecting Roots batting and he looks bereft of ideas when things go wrong.

But who wants the job. Please not Stokes. Leave him alone, remember Botham circa 1980/81

Burns captains Surrey, but is his place secure. Maybe Broad? Buttler not cemented in.

The agony of no choice....
Is Brears still alive?

döm

Sad news from the World of Cricket - Bob Willis has died at the age of 70.

He was a great bowler, I seem to remember him running up from virtually the boundary to terrify the opposition batsman.  

An integral part of the Botham's ashes match at Headingly.

Decent pundit too

RIP
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

DavidL

Quote from: döm on December 04, 2019, 17:07:51 pmSad news from the World of Cricket - Bob Willis has died at the age of 70.

He was a great bowler, I seem to remember him running up from virtually the boundary to terrify the opposition batsman. 

An integral part of the Botham's ashes match at Headingly.

Decent pundit too

RIP
There won't be many saying "he had a good innings" at the funeral. 70 is no age.

Nïckslïkk2112

I remember 1981 :)

RIP Bob. Genuinely feel a bit upset by this. A big bit of my early life gone.
Legend in my own Mind

zoony

Quote from: DavidL on December 04, 2019, 19:54:17 pm70 is no age.
There are plenty of unfortunate people who would snatch your hand off to reach 70, like poor John Eadie from Clockwork Angels who passed away at 47 last week.

DavidL

Quote from: zoony on December 05, 2019, 19:26:27 pmThere are plenty of unfortunate people who would snatch your hand off to reach 70, like poor John Eadie from Clockwork Angels who passed away at 47 last week.
Yes, that is truly tragic