The next Rush album will be awesome!

Started by Ace2112, January 20, 2007, 09:55:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard_2112

I was really proud of myself for waiting till the release date instead of hearing the songs (illegally) beforehand.

Good on you mate. and shame on the bloke who had the illegal copy  >:(
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Fridge

I agree

Sometimes seems unfair when people (myself included) say that (for example) Counterparts is crap....I don't think it's crap really, but it's just not as good as many of their other albums. But compared to anything by Westlife it's a fecking masterpiece... 8-)

No, it really is shit, and probably on a par with Westlife, but thats another story ;D

As far as the new album goes, well there has been a lot of encouraging noises, and I certainly think their choice of producer was a good one. Even if you don't like the Foo Fighters (I do) you can't argue that there has always been plenty of space and clarity in their production.

However, I personally really don't care how good the band think the new album is, or how positive neil peart sounds. the only arbiter that I am interested in is my own ears, and without trying to sound too negative, their recent track record does not inspire confidence.

in short, I'm hopeful but not willing to bet my mortgage on it just yet....
Ach, if Dougie were here, he'd tell you himself....

Neillwith2Ls

...and Geist..? :D

If the stars align, the wind blows in the right direction... and someone else pays for it... YES! ;D ;)

(we should've held our live EP back to this year.. damn...)
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

Micke.K

If the stars align, the wind blows in the right direction... and someone else pays for it... YES! ;D ;)

(we should've held our live EP back to this year.. damn...)

It always comes down to money.....what a fecking annoyance that is :P

I hope it works out for you :D

Ace2112

maybe even Guns n' Roses(?!) :D

Don't be silly ::) :P