The Secret Machines

Started by Chris Quartly, August 19, 2008, 15:35:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Quartly

I know there are a few fans on here :)

You can download a new track, Dreaming of Dreaming, here

http://worlds-fair.net/news/2008/08/14/the-secret-machines-release-exclusive-new-non-album-track/

Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Chris Quartly

Ha, well this one didn't go anywhere!

Has anyone heard the new album, no idea if it's worth checking out.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

kiddgloves

It's definitely worth checking out. THe first few tracks are great; things get a bit wonkier towards the end. Only 8 tracks (one is 11 minutes long though!). Doesn't quite compare to the first two albums, it seems a bit rushed to me. They still have that incredible drum sound though!

Neillwith2Ls

Didn't one of the original members/songwriters leave recently?
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

Spud

didn't even know they had a new album out, their first was a beauty.  The 2nd i quite liked but didn't think was as good.  Might check it out dependant on price.  I've just bought the new Marillion deluxe album, however there's a disc missing. Trouble is, with them being on tour it might take a while before i get an answer/replacement.

Chris Quartly

Quote from: Neillwith2Ls on February 16, 2009, 17:21:11 pm
Didn't one of the original members/songwriters leave recently?

Hmmm, not sure, two of the three in the band are brothers, the odd one out is the drummer.

Neillwith2Ls

Yep, one of the brothers (Benjamin) left and has been replaced.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_Machines
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

Chris Quartly

Analog RH

Saw them live with Mike a few years ago - great drone band, reminded me of Ride live back in the day. Was underwhelmed by Ten Silver Drops so didn't bother with the new one.

To be Frank (and Ernest), I think they shot their load with First Wave Intact. Can't see them topping that any time soon.