Previous topic - Next topic

Simongc

August 09, 2005, 05:17:03 am Last Edit: August 09, 2005, 05:17:37 am by Simongc
Just discovered this Reading based band who display several very obvious
prog tendencies and yet they have been signed up by Sony BMG who have let
them get away with releasing a 13 minute single! Reading further on their
website I found out that Rush producer Paul Northfield is producing their
debut album which is out next month. That's some serious investment into an
act that seem to fly in the face of all current music conventions.

They recently supported Mew and Secret Machines so maybe some of you have
already caught them live.

Anyway, check 'em out - website is: www.purereasonrevolution.com and the
direct link to a streaming audio/video of their 13 minute single is here:

http://www.sonymusiceurope.com/cgi-bin/multimedia/wmwax?snymusicaomawm.fplive.net&snymusicaoma/video/900020000019213.wmv

Cheers,
Carbon Nation - the independent Porcupine Tree magazine - issue 11 in full colour out now www.carbon-nation.co.uk

Deano

August 23, 2005, 16:53:26 pm #1 Last Edit: August 23, 2005, 16:53:37 pm by Deano
Discussed further in the new Classic Rock magazine; sounds like they might be worth checking out

Analog RH

You should also check out The Secret Machines, if you haven't already. They're "new prog" to the max and rock like a bastard. And they're signed to a major as well.

Give album opener First Wave Intact a listen:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0002234H2/qid=1124791158/sr=8-1/ref=sr_8_xs_ap_i1_xgl/026-4660826-6393215

Neillwith2Ls

Purre Reason Revolution are just about to do a tour of toilet venues, might be worth a trip out for someone to catch them somewhere up close:

Oct. 2   Oxford Zodiac
Oct. 3   Bath Moles
Oct. 4   London ICA
Oct. 5   Leicester Charlotte
Oct. 7   Chathm Tap & Tin
Oct. 8   Wolverhampton Little Civic
Oct. 11  Carlisle Brickyard
Oct. 12  Glasgow Barfly
Oct. 13  York Fibbers
Oct. 15  Hereford Marquee
Oct. 16  Brighton Freebutt *
Oct. 17  Cardiff Barfly
Oct. 18  Liverpool Barfly
Oct. 19  Northampton Soundhaus
Oct. 21  Milton Keynes Manhatten
Oct. 23  Stoke Sugarmill
Oct. 24  Southampton Joiners
Oct. 25  Nottingham Rescue Rooms

Support from I Like Trains, Lyca Sleep and Red Jetson

* The reason I say 'toilet-venues' is because this place is, I've played there!
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

Chud

PRR are excellent. First heard them when Mark Radcliffe played an edited version of The Bright Ambassadors Of Morning on his show. Bought the single and the first EP straight away. The mini album comes out on Monday. Radcliffe played a track off it on his show last week, they also did an acoustic performance on his show on Tuesday this week.
They met at the same college as Pink Floyd, you can here the influence in their music.

Pudders

QuotePRR are excellent. First heard them when Mark Radcliffe played an edited version of The Bright Ambassadors Of Morning on his show. Bought the single and the first EP straight away. The mini album comes out on Monday. Radcliffe played a track off it on his show last week, they also did an acoustic performance on his show on Tuesday this week.
They met at the same college as Pink Floyd, you can here the influence in their music.

Tim Clegg - some of you will know him - has been banging on to me about this lot for a while now. Quite interesting - well better than the stuff he usual goes on about ;D ;)

Neillwith2Ls

I've only seen the video for the single (at the top of this thread), but I think I am going to take a chance and go see them down in Brighton; it's a tiny venue (The Freebutt), a real dingy dive, but great to catch bands early; The White Stripes, The Strokes etc, all went through there during their first UK dates, hell even Geist played there once lol

Alexj

Neillwith2Ls

Freebutt in Brighton; surely not! lmao

Free to those that can afford it. Very expensive to those that can't.

;)

rascal houdi

Went to see this lot last night, in the company of Oz, Mr Lack & his mate Reg, at the Barfly in Camden. Top quality stuff, can't remember being this impressed by a British band since I discovered PT many years ago.

They're playing the Bush Hall in Shepherd's Bush on 26th March, highly recommend a few of you try & make it.  

There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

Bez

is the album out yet ? anyone heard it ?
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Pudders

QuoteWent to see this lot last night, in the company of Oz, Mr Lack & his mate Reg, at the Barfly in Camden. Top quality stuff, can't remember being this impressed by a British band since I discovered PT many years ago.

They're playing the Bush Hall in Shepherd's Bush on 26th March, highly recommend a few of you try & make it.  

Didn't spot my mate Tim there did you - he was at Mule and a couple of PT gigs with me. He's been banging on about this lot for months ::) :)

Pudders

Didn't spot my mate Tim there did you - he was at Mule and a couple of PT gigs with me. He's been banging on about this lot for months ::) :)

...and having spoken to him tonight I now know the answer... ::)

Go on Tim, make a post ;)

rascal houdi

Quoteis the album out yet ? anyone heard it ?

Yes, it's very good.
There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

Dave_Lack

QuoteWent to see this lot last night, in the company of Oz, Mr Lack & his mate Reg, at the Barfly in Camden. Top quality stuff, can't remember being this impressed by a British band since I discovered PT many years ago.