Panic Room

Started by Reg, April 17, 2008, 11:01:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

//www.panicroom.org.uk

Formed from 4 ex-members of Karnataka.

I've just ordered their debut album, Visionary Position.

They are currently on tour with 2 dates to go - tonight and Saturday.

Tonight is Riga Music bar in Southend-on-Sea and Saturday is The Peel, Kingston Upon Thames.  I can't make either of these gigs, but if anyone goes from tnms, please post a review / take some pics?
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

vladman

I will be at the Peel ;D. I will try to do a review, depends on how much drinking I do on the train journey down, the drinking I do when I meet mates at the gig and the drinking during the show ;)......

Steve_Kenny

I am hoping to get to the Peel Gig.... Although I have enjoyed shows by the latest incarnation of Karnataka and by The Reasoning I am hoping that Panic Room will offer an experience closer to the spirit of the "Delicate Flame of Desire" live shows...

vladman

Well, went to the Peel on Saturday. Not a bad wee venue. Decent sound and pretty friendly.
The beer was what I expected inasmuch as I was in the south and people like weakish bitter (or seem to anyway ;)).
Met lots of "cool and groovy people :)" (copyright Arlo Guthrie) and had a good time.
It would however been better if the electrical power had not cut off after 4 songs by Jump! The whole area was out :(. John and Steve from Jump tried (rather well I would say) to keep everyone entertained in the dark for over 30 mins until we got word from the electrical folk that the power "might be on back of midnight"!
We jumped in cars, and those of us who could drink got pished in another pub where there was electricity!
I congratulated Jump on the best 4 song set I have ever seen ;D!
With 2 cancelations of gigs I was going to and this, I aint having much luck. Thank god I drink ;D!!!!!

So cannot review Panic room as they didn't get to play....

Reg

8 tracks.  65 minutes.

After 2 listens:

First 7 tracks are very, very good.  The final track sprawls and loses its way - not very satisfying.

But for
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Reg

Hmm, and to make a 3 way Welsh rock love in, could I have Dare to kick off the proceedings please?

Now that would be a fantastic night.

Reg

Tell you what, track 7 is top dollar.  Stunning.

Reg

'aving another listen.

Bloody good.  Recommended.

Reg

They've got some live video clips on their website now.

Reg

*** Bump ***

Buy the album you miserable bastards!!!

Sorry, but this is really, really good.  If you like(d) Karnataka or The Reasoning, then don't dither, get hold of it.