Tool

Started by Graham_Thomas, March 23, 2006, 23:43:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary L. Grape

Thoroughly underwhelming. I expected much, but I found it boring and totally uninteresting. Two decent songs on it, but that's it.

pxr5

I've not listened to this yet, but see it's now available on HDTracks for £19.99 (FLAC 24 bit/96 kHz).

https://www.hdtracks.co.uk/fear-inoculum

Though, how on earth can it be justified at £137.73 for the CD on Amazon?

Bez

£20 for a download!
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

pxr5

Quote from: Bez on September 06, 2019, 08:32:27 am£20 for a download!
That's the UK price. HDTracks.com is $17.99. Never ordered from either yet, but the US prices are always cheaper when I've been browsing. If I ever did buy from them it would through the US site (probably I'd have to use a VPN though). What's even more frustrating with HDTracks - I have an account on each one (US and UK) and get email offers from both. It's always 20% off from the US version and 10% from the UK.

Gary L. Grape

Quote from: pxr5 on September 06, 2019, 08:11:33 amI've not listened to this yet, but see it's now available on HDTracks for £19.99 (FLAC 24 bit/96 kHz).

https://www.hdtracks.co.uk/fear-inoculum

Though, how on earth can it be justified at £137.73 for the CD on Amazon?
Well, it isn't just a CD, is it?

"includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card"

Typical Tool...

pxr5

Quote from: Gary L. Grape on September 06, 2019, 12:32:34 pmWell, it isn't just a CD, is it?

"includes a CD in a tri-fold Soft Pack Video Brochure featuring a 4" HD rechargeable screen with exclusive video footage, a USB charging cable, a 2 watt speaker and a 36 page insert book and MP3 download card"

Typical Tool...

A bargain then ;-)

Slim

Quote from: Bez on September 06, 2019, 08:32:27 am£20 for a download!

Well I downloaded mine (FLAC format) from Melodishop about 10 mins ago. I think that cost me about $0.50 or a bit less.

Gary L. Grape

Quote from: pxr5 on September 07, 2019, 16:35:44 pmA bargain then ;-)
Yup, probably the best bargain of this century... ;D

rufus the dawg

Tool were talked about tonight on radio 5 live

BlooBlood on the Tracksd on the Tracks https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00093t3

About 8.28pm

Richard_2112

Sat with ths album quite a lot since it's release. It's brilliant, confusing, but somewhat formulaic. While most of the actual songs on this album are fantastic they all seem to follow the same pattern, and some of the instrumental sections go on a little past their welcome. I'm also quite startled at the distinct lack of Maynard vocals throughout the whole album. It may be because he is used so sparingly that when he's singing it makes more of an impact, but he seems to be present for the first half of each song then leaves the other three to indulge themselves. Probably the most deflating part is he doesn't take open goalposts to unleash his full potential. Pneuma being a prime example. The heavier bits after "We are all one spark, sun becoming" are screaming out to be a gigantic chorus, which never comes!

Elsewhere the other three members are absolutely on fire thoughout. And the production is spectacular. As with just about every Tool album there's a derth of pointless interlude tracks which add very little which is another mark against this album, the most grating being Chocolate Chip Trip.

But despite all that negativety I can't stop listening to it! When this album is running on all cylinders it's masterful. Invincible and Descending are masterpieces, and 7empest just defies all logic!

In all I'd say it's not as good as Lateralus or Aenima, but probably on a par with 10,000 Days.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines.

Bisto

Am a bit pissed and suffering from early onset dementia so can't remember the name of the fecking track...But,....there's a song on the new album that references Rush big time....somebody put me out of my misery FFS!
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

captainkurtz

Anger is a gift.