Alice in Chains, new singer?

Started by Ace2112, March 21, 2006, 10:13:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

cygnusxdave

From totalrock.com

Alice In Chains will be fronted by William DuVall, when they tour Europe in the Summer. A one-time member of AIC guitarist Jerry Cantrell's own band, DuVall has most recently been with Comes With The Fall.
I talk to planets, Baby!

pdw1

QuoteFrom totalrock.com

Alice In Chains will be fronted by William DuVall, when they tour Europe in the Summer. A one-time member of AIC guitarist Jerry Cantrell's own band, DuVall has most recently been with Comes With The Fall.

You beat me to it  :(  ;)

A bit more from Blabbermouth:

ALICE IN CHAINS Tap COMES WITH THE FALL's DUVALL For European Tour - Apr. 5, 2006
The surviving members of ALICE IN CHAINS have tapped COMES WITH THE FALL vocalist/guitarist - and member of AIC guitarist Jerry Cantrell's touring band - William DuVall to sing lead vocals for the group on their upcoming European tour.   ALICE IN CHAINS recently reunited and have announced that they'll play some U.S. club dates and European festivals this spring and summer. Beyond that, however, the group does not have any set plans. Guitarist Jerry Cantrell told Launch that operating this way is nothing new for ALICE IN CHAINS. "We're gonna take it like we always did, and we've always kind of made it up as we've gone along," he said. "You know, if you were looking at how to really capitalize on this experience and really make dough and make it a profitable thing, a band might, you know, would come out with a singer, have a record ready and all that. But that's not where we're coming from with this thing. We're coming from the place of 'It feels good, and we're having a good time, so we'd like people to be a part of that.'"  Cantrell, bassist Mike Inez and drummer Sean Kinney performed with DuVall and ex-PANTERA frontman Philip Anselmo on March 10 at a taping of the VH1 Classic series "Decades Rock Live!" Anselmo sang two songs with the group, while DuVall performed another two and dueted with HEART vocalist Ann Wilson on "Rooster".  This was only the second live show for ALICE IN CHAINS since 1996. The band members played at a tsunami relief benefit in February of 2005.   ALICE IN CHAINS vocalist Layne Staley died in April of 2002.  For a list of upcoming ALICE IN CHAINS tour dates, visit AliceInChains.com
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Neillwith2Ls

The new AIC album The Devil Put Dinosaurs Here is stonkingly good, one of the best things I've heard all year. I've good my Soundgarden ticket, now just need AIC to announce some UK dates...
17/04/92 - Wembley Arena, London
08/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
09/09/04 - Wembley Arena, London
11/09/04 - NEC, Birmingham
24/05/13 - O2 Arena, London

- 'Decreasing Circles' - Geist (Decreasing Circles, 2006)

Thenop

It is, isn't it?
Really liking the whole vibe on the album. Whereas they had something to prove last time, they now seem to have shaken that and have sunk into a very comfortable mode. Most songs have an almost drone like quality, really nice.
Arrogance Is Bliss

Slim

Cheers, just downloaded the FLACs from melodishop.com.

Nïckslïkk2112

The new AIC album is stonkingly average. Half of it sounds like REM doing a Jerry Cantrell solo album.
Legend in my own Mind

Rrroooaaarrr

Quote from: Nick Sims on June 04, 2013, 21:46:39 pm
The new AIC album is stonkingly average. Half of it sounds like REM doing a Jerry Cantrell solo album.
Now you've put me off altogether! ::)

Presto-digitation

I've read that, in fact, Cantrell is handling most of the lead vocals and not William.

Thenop

It's difficult to hear who's who in the lush production. But that's ok. The result is excellent.
Arrogance Is Bliss

captainkurtz

Disappointed that the picture disc arrived for me - was supposed to be ordinary black vinyl with lenticular sleeve.  No download code either, ffs.
Anger is a gift.

Presto-digitation

Quote from: Thenop on June 06, 2013, 07:16:13 am
It's difficult to hear who's who in the lush production. But that's ok. The result is excellent.

Yeah, I'm not concerned about that either.  One is lead, the other in the background or vice versa.  Who cares?

captainkurtz

Quote from: Nick Sims on June 04, 2013, 21:46:39 pm
Half of it sounds like REM doing a Jerry Cantrell solo album.

It pretty much is a Jerry Cantrell solo record, isn't it?  I'm sure he is canny enough to know the benefits of the brand.  As for the REM influence =  :o
Anger is a gift.

captainkurtz

Quote from: Neillwith2Ls on June 04, 2013, 16:13:58 pm
now just need AIC to announce some UK dates...

Saw them last tour at the tiny Nottingaham Rock City - against all the odds, they've managed to continue without Layne - they were brilliant.
Anger is a gift.

Thenop

I think it is amazing and weird to think this is only their 5th full album. And yet, they have so much history.
In hindsight, the "big three" of Seattle's grunge scene are really three fantastic bands. AiC, Pearl Jam & Soundgarden, all of them have an impressive body of work. Even though PJ lacks a bit behind in quality, their output has been consistent over the last few releases. And the SG come back album isn't too bad either.

Funny, this is a"style" of music I have seen develop, following from Mother Love Bone, Temple of the Dog et al and here we are, nearly 25 years later and they still make great music. Makes me smile...
Arrogance Is Bliss

captainkurtz

For their influence, at least, Nirvana have to be mentioned.

That early 90's explosion produced some amazing bands, really.  There's nothing like that at he moment - nor has there been for quite some time, unfortunately.
Anger is a gift.