David Gilmour: Live, R2 20:30 Sat 11/3

Started by Slim, March 11, 2006, 12:29:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

If the stuff he played on last weeks Jonathan Ross programme are anything to go by I wouldn't bother - but I'm sure one or two diehards will want to tune in. Richard Wright and Phil Manzanera are in the band.

Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Pudders

QuoteIf the stuff he played on last weeks Jonathan Ross programme are anything to go by I wouldn't bother - but I'm sure one or two diehards will want to tune in. Richard Wright and Phil Manzanera are in the band.

The two diehards that were at the gig will definitely be tuning in..... ;D

rascal houdi

...with finger on record button..... ;)
There's only two Phil Spectors in this world...and I'm one of them! (Guy Stevens)

Chud

You can watch it too after 9.30pm on BBCi.

Tom Garrett

QuoteYou can watch it too after 9.30pm on BBCi.

it's not on BBC over here :'(
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Reg

The video is only 30 minutes though, I've heard.  And can be watched up to and including March 14th.

The audio can be listened to again for up to 7 days via the BBC website.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Pudders

QuoteThe video is only 30 minutes though, I've heard.  And can be watched up to and including March 14th.

The audio can be listened to again for up to 7 days via the BBC website.

I think there is the full hour of video streamed on the website Reg.

andyhaines

QuoteThe video is only 30 minutes though, I've heard.

Whatever colours you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

Dixkot

Just watched the Radio 2 web-site version.  Pretty stunning. :)

KEVINOWEN

Just watched the Radio 2 web-site version.
Women are like Elephants....they look nice but you wouldn't want to own one

Reg

Watching this just now on BBCi.
If anyone is recording this directly to DVD, I'd be extremely grateful for a copy.  ;)

I'm sure it will turn up  ;)
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

KEVINOWEN

Women are like Elephants....they look nice but you wouldn't want to own one

Reg

Lyth

March 12, 2006, 18:58:42 pm #13 Last Edit: March 12, 2006, 18:59:46 pm by Lyth
 :)

I enjoyed it.

I liked the stripped down guitar and vocal only treatment of the verse in 'Shine On...'.  8-)

Shame about that bum note during 'Comfortably Numb' though. :-/

Tom Garrett

Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!