Monster Magnet tour cancelled

Started by Thenop, March 04, 2006, 10:50:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Thenop

For those of you that were planning on seeing Dave Wyndorf & Co.

MONSTER MAGNET Tour Cancelled - Official Statement

The battle with one's inner demons is the most personal fight any of us can undertake. The fight is at times a lonely, confusing journey. On the evening of February 27, Dave Wyndorf suffered a set back in his own fight and was hospitalized due to a drug overdose. His full recovery is expected. We ask that all those he has encountered over the years or simply affected by his music to take a moment to think good thoughts of and for him. With the grace of God and those who love him we are all confident that Dave will rebound from this set back and continue to play and make great rock and roll.

Steve Davis
Davis Entertainment Group
Monster Magnet Management

Personally I love the MM music, but the drug abuse image is waaaaaaay past boys....lighten up get cleaned up and just play music. This is soooo70's. Being hospitalized for a drug overdose tssss..

Arrogance Is Bliss

The Letter R

I was thinking of going to their London show but never got around to getting a ticket - odd really as early in their career I had a ticket to see 'em at the same venue and it was cancelled for pretty much the same reason.
An excellent band - esp live - just a shame they can't keep away from the old hash pipe and pills  :-/

Thenop

I did see them once in Amsterdam. They were loud as hell. Luoder than Motorhead....at least the loudest band I ever saw..
Arrogance Is Bliss