If you had to replace...

Started by Ace2112, November 14, 2005, 06:07:23 am

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

Ah, I hadn't noticed who he was talking to..... :)
Am i missing something here?

zoony

Of course they can, you're talking out of your.........hat !

Everything anyone (including Peart) plays can be written down, therefore, it can be read and replicated.
As you play the drums yourself Breesey, i won't argue with you

you're wrong though  ;).

Red

I couldn't even contemplate the thought, for me it's all or none.

Breesey

November 18, 2005, 20:57:57 pm #33 Last Edit: November 18, 2005, 21:01:37 pm by steve_breese

That, coming from a musician as good as yourself, is hysterical. If you're as good as I've heard you are then you won't have any belief in the post you've made above. Stop playing devil's advocate.
Brought to you by P, F, M !

Breesey

Breesey

Ah, I hadn't noticed who he was talking to..... :)

lol

It hadn't occurred to me either. So I wasn't, honest

Breesey

Am i missing something here?

Obviously  :-X :-X ;D

Breesey

Very true, though I still stand by my assertion that there are quite a few musicians who could do this.

Too right. Especially when listening to people like Peart. You realse he is human.
For example, I think he drops a stick at the beginning of AFTK on DS3. It could just be a mic thing but it sounds like he does, at least. There's a stick 'trip' during the solo on ATWAS........... :-[

Gary L. Grape

I wouldn't want to replace anyone of them, but if I had to I would replace Alex with Ben Mink (The guitar player on 'My favorite headache' in case someone didn't know). I think his sound is a bit "Alexy". But if I replaced Alex could they call themselves Rush anymore? I mean without any original members left. No other possible member changes spring to mind...

hokkaido

if one goes... then the remaining two should (will) stop.

i would be available (at short notice) - but they should stop.  end of story.

fin

zoony

Enlighten me
In principle, what you're saying is correct, but it does'nt always work like that. You can show several people HOW to do a particular task, but you can bet that not all of them can do it the same, and one will be better than the rest. When it comes to drums and percussion, Neil is that person  ;).

zoony

Breesey

In principle, what you're saying is correct, but it does'nt always work like that. You can show several people HOW to do a particular task, but you can bet that not all of them can do it the same, and one will be better than the rest. When it comes to drums and percussion, Neil is that person

zoony

Talk about stating the obvious ::)

The fact remains that, with reference to the strokes played, everything can be written down, and, in theory at least, be replicated. Peart is a great drummer, someone who has had a great influence on me, but something I do know, from a technical point of view, there are better. But that is besides the point. If you want to have him at the top of your list that's fine with me.