Henry Rollins

Started by Ace2112, June 03, 2005, 22:46:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ace2112

Just interested in peoples opinions really.

I went to see his spoken word gig in Bristol and was pleasenatly suprised, I would recommend to anyone.

cygnusxdave

I saw him with The Rollins Band a few years back. Very good indeed. The End Of Silence is a top album. I've heard 2 or 3 of his spoken word albums and video-ed a stand up show he did in London a while back that was shown on Channel 4. Very entertaining.
I talk to planets, Baby!

JonL

QuoteJust interested in peoples opinions really.

I went to see his spoken word gig in Bristol and was pleasenatly suprised, I would recommend to anyone.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE FAN.
He's been my avatar for a loooong time, only changed him yesterday in tribute to Roger Waters overblown latest offering.

I'm into anything he does. Spoken stuff has lightened up over the years, music, always awesome, books always an intense read, though a little self indulgent from time to time. Would question his choice of movie though.
Nice guy, very smart.
Got me listening to jazz.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Mark_Williams

June 04, 2005, 00:01:23 am #3 Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 00:02:13 am by Mark_Williams

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE FAN.
He's been my avatar for a loooong time, only changed him yesterday in tribute to Roger Waters overblown latest offering.

I'm into anything he does. Spoken stuff has lightened up over the years, music, always awesome, books always an intense read, though a little self indulgent from time to time. Would question his choice of movie though.
Nice guy, very smart.
Got me listening to jazz.

I second Jon's emotions. The guy is amazing. I too love all his stuff and have seen him with the Rollins Band and do spoken word. I got an e-mail from him recently when I asked when he would be performing at a venue near me. Fantastic that he took the time to reply personally. I've also read most of his books - dark, funny, moving, intelligent.

JonL

I second Jon's emotions. The guy is amazing. I too love all his stuff and have seen him with the Rollins Band and do spoken word. I got an e-mail from him recently when I asked when he would be performing at a venue near me. Fantastic that he took the time to reply personally. I've also read most of his books - dark, funny, moving, intelligent.
Yup. He's replied to a couple of my mails too.
Haven't seen him live in any capacity for a few years now due to timing or family stuff. Can't wair to see him again.
Was very disappointed I didn't get to see him perform the Black Flag songs a couple of years back.
I'd love to get ahold of some boots, esp the BF stuff with Jello and Ian McKaye singing.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

Ace2112

Cheers guys, I may just go and get a book or two ;D

Never seen him live in a musical fashion but the only word I could think of to describe the guy from the spoken word gig was 'Interesting' I was completely sucked into it for the whole 3 hours

Steve_Harrison

He has Live spoken tour CDS out BUT ive never seen them anywhere for sale. :'(