Bought a CD recently?

Started by Slim, March 14, 2004, 00:40:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

pdw1

Greg Lake - Greg Lake & Manoeuvres
Picked this up as Gary Moore plays guitar.
Some interesting stuff and some stuff that has not aged well.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Slim

Quote from: Ali on September 07, 2019, 00:12:13 amRosalie Cunningham
Bought that one myself a few weeks ago after hearing her session on 6 Music, very distinctive and refreshing.

Less distinctive and refreshing, but still very good (I hope - only heard a few tracks) is Michael Jackson's 'Xscape' which was put together, partly from demos, after he died. One tune in particular 'Love Never Felt So Good' is right up there with the good stuff on Off The Wall although recorded around Thriller time. Sounds like a proper studio production, they've done really well.

Nïckslïkk2112

September 07, 2019, 12:51:31 pm #1218 Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 12:58:45 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
Quote from: Ali on September 07, 2019, 00:12:13 amRosalie Cunningham
Me too. Not yet arrived though. I was a big fan of her work with Purson.

Also bought Horslips' The Tain and Book of Invasions.
Plus on Vinyl KIng Crimson's Starless and Bible Black and Beat along with First Utterance by Comus
Legend in my own Mind

Straight Shooter

Tangerine Dream - In Search of Hades (The Virgin Recordings 73-79)

A thumping 18 disc set for only £58.24 delivered from Amazon Italy. Was out of stock when I placed my order but they still honoured it.

Feck knows when I'll get round to hearing it all but was too good a price to ignore!
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

pdw1

A package arrived from Burning Shed this morning

Iamthemorning - The bell
Iamthemorning - Ocean Sounds
Iamthemorning - Miscellany

I am really looking forward to Tuesday's gig.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

rufus the dawg

Fates warning - Awaken the Guardian £4.99 on ebay + delievry. "2005 remaster, 2 cd and 1 dvd

Meant to be their best early album. I had dark septre on vinyl in the 80s and loved it.

Slim

Recent acquisitions: Dad Man Cat by Corduroy, the Fleet Foxes debut, Wishbone Ash's Argus, King Crimson's Red.

pxr5

VDGG - World Record and Still Life