Bought a CD recently?

Started by Slim, March 14, 2004, 00:40:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

pdw1

Greg Lake - Greg Lake & Manoeuvres
Picked this up as Gary Moore plays guitar.
Some interesting stuff and some stuff that has not aged well.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

Slim

Quote from: Ali on September 07, 2019, 00:12:13 amRosalie Cunningham
Bought that one myself a few weeks ago after hearing her session on 6 Music, very distinctive and refreshing.

Less distinctive and refreshing, but still very good (I hope - only heard a few tracks) is Michael Jackson's 'Xscape' which was put together, partly from demos, after he died. One tune in particular 'Love Never Felt So Good' is right up there with the good stuff on Off The Wall although recorded around Thriller time. Sounds like a proper studio production, they've done really well.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

Nïckslïkk2112

September 07, 2019, 12:51:31 pm #1218 Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 12:58:45 pm by Nïckslïkk2112
Quote from: Ali on September 07, 2019, 00:12:13 amRosalie Cunningham
Me too. Not yet arrived though. I was a big fan of her work with Purson.

Also bought Horslips' The Tain and Book of Invasions.
Plus on Vinyl KIng Crimson's Starless and Bible Black and Beat along with First Utterance by Comus
Legend in my own Mind<br /><br />

Not enough war
Not enough famine
Not enough suffering
Not enough natural selection

Straight Shooter

Tangerine Dream - In Search of Hades (The Virgin Recordings 73-79)

A thumping 18 disc set for only £58.24 delivered from Amazon Italy. Was out of stock when I placed my order but they still honoured it.

Feck knows when I'll get round to hearing it all but was too good a price to ignore!
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

pdw1

A package arrived from Burning Shed this morning

Iamthemorning - The bell
Iamthemorning - Ocean Sounds
Iamthemorning - Miscellany

I am really looking forward to Tuesday's gig.
Better drowned than duffers if not duffers wont drown

rufus the dawg

Fates warning - Awaken the Guardian £4.99 on ebay + delievry. "2005 remaster, 2 cd and 1 dvd

Meant to be their best early album. I had dark septre on vinyl in the 80s and loved it.
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

Slim

Recent acquisitions: Dad Man Cat by Corduroy, the Fleet Foxes debut, Wishbone Ash's Argus, King Crimson's Red.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

pxr5

VDGG - World Record and Still Life

The Letter R

Pist - Hailz 
An APF release  ;)
And bloody good it is too....... 8)

Give it a stream here if you like.....

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/pist-album-stream/

Ali

Dandelion Charm - Maybe Dreamers

First caught these at this year's Cambridge Rock Festival, they've been described as Fleetwood Mac meets Opeth, CSN meets Yes.

New album is a cracker, with shades of Steve Hackett around Please Don't Touch on a couple of tracks - highly recommended 👍
Rome-Wembley-Paris-Rome-Istanbul-Madrid

Straight Shooter

REM - Automatic for the People  (4 Disc Deluxe) - £30 from Amazon Italy! 

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk (5CD/2LP/DVD) - £63 instead of the usual £110+
(40 years since I got the original vinyl for Christmas. Holy Feck!)

The Who - Who (signed by Pete!)
(Actually forgot I'd pre-ordered this, way back at the start of the year. Bigger surprise was finding I'd bought 2 copies, so that's someone's Christmas pressie sorted!)
"I mean...unbelievable, you're a walking encyclopaedia!" : Rick Wakeman - Planet Rock's 'Tune-Adversity Challenge' 2007.

pxr5

Can - Future days from Ebay. Now, this is a Hybrid CD/SACD. I'm tempted to get an SACD player now lol. Seem quite dear though.

rufus the dawg

Nat King Cole - The Christmas song

A stunning version of O Holy Night.
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

Bez

Quote from: pxr5 on December 13, 2019, 16:32:25 pmCan - Future days from Ebay. Now, this is a Hybrid CD/SACD. I'm tempted to get an SACD player now lol. Seem quite dear though.
Check out some of the Demon DVD players (older models) on eBay.The 1930 plays SACDs. You'd need a digital input on your amp to get the feed (coax, fibre or HDMI)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%