Yes - Where to start

Started by Alexj, November 07, 2004, 03:36:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lyth

March 15, 2005, 03:02:55 am #60 Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 03:03:25 am by Lyth
 :)

It'll be good to hear 'The Big Medley' from the Tormato Tour again.

I had that on tape from the Friday Rock Show broadcast but lost it >:( so I'm looking forward to hearing a good quality version of it.

If I remember rightly, the part where Perpetual Change segues into the 'fanfare' part of Gates is pretty phenomenal.

Ian Hills

I have found another cd that I have replaced for a remastered version, Yes-Close To The Edge.
If anyone wants the original CD then PM me.
Hammersmith Odeon May 1979
Stafford Bingley Hall Sept. 1979
Hammersmith Odeon June 1980
Wembley Arena November 1981
Wembley Arena May 1983
Birmingham NEC April 1988
Wembley  April 1988
Wembley  April 1992
Wembley  September 2004
Wembley October 2007-cancelled!
O2 Arena May 2001

Ashley

QuoteHow about this news then?:

from DPRP.net

QUOTE:
YES: Rhino have announced they are releasing The Word Is Live - a 3CD Box Set of Live Yes in 2005 - at a date tentatively set at 10th May 2005. DPRP have been supplied with a leaked track list so it should be noted that this is not confirmed:
DISC ONE (75:30):

Slim

More Yes product! I hear Rick Wakeman is planning to play a cash till solo on the next tour, as a tribute to their fans. Ching!

Fishy

April 05, 2005, 22:37:24 pm #64 Last Edit: April 05, 2005, 22:38:03 pm by thefishy
i watch some Rick wakeman on dvd doing Journey to ... and some songs from The Wives... think it was 1975... i haven't laughed some much in ages... don't get me wrong..loved the music but just some of the performances.. and the blow up monsters... lmao

and Rick in that big cape thing... ;D

surprised that one got let out the bag...
From the Land of Honest Men.

Ian_Hewitson

QuoteMore Yes product! I hear Rick Wakeman is planning to play a cash till solo on the next tour, as a tribute to their fans. Ching!

I've lost count of the number of Yes releases in recent years - many more than when they actually had a audience willing to buy their records rather than see them live for old times sake.

AnalogKid a.k.a. Jack

QuoteWhat album was the one with The Buggles?

I guess that was Tormato.
Living in the plastic age by The Buggles is great
TD Garden?

döm

I guess that was Tormato.
Living in the plastic age by The Buggles is great

Trevor Horn and Geoff Downes appear on Drama - the appalling Tormato is still very much Wakeman & Anderson
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!