Thunder

Started by Reg, July 17, 2003, 15:26:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

T'would appear I might get a chance to see these 90's old style rockers yet.  Never got the chance before - but I see they are playing Liverpool Academy (Mountford Hall) on Saturday, November 22, 2003.

November / December could be a good time for live music for me.  Have already got tickets for wifey and I to see Level 42 in Liverpool Royal Court Theatre on Sat, Nov 8.  There's some kind of Motown tour wifey is interested in which I must check up on (Nov I think), and Meatloaf has announced extra dates in December which I might be interested in.

Having said that - I'd rather see Thunder than Meatloaf given the chance, purely 'cos I've never seen them.  Wifey might be interested too, come to think of it.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Reg

btw, here's Thunder's official web-site if anyone is interested:

http://www.thunderonline.com/thunder/home/

And here are the current scheduled tour dates:

'SHOOTING AT THE SUN' NOVEMBER 2003 U.K. TOUR!!!

17/11/2003 Portsmouth Guildhall  //www.gigsandtours.com
18/11/2003 UEA Norwich  //www.ueaticketbookings.co.uk
20/11/2003 Northumbria Uni  //www.gigsandtours.com
21/11/2003 Glasgow Academy  //www.ticketmaster.co.uk
22/11/2003 Liverpool Uni  //www.gigsandtours.com
24/11/2003 Nottingham Rock City  //www.rock-city.co.uk
25/11/2003 Watford Colosseum  //www.watford-colosseum.com
26/11/2003 Bristol Academy  //www.ticketweb.com
28/11/2003 Guildford Civic  //www.gigsandtours.com
29/11/2003 London Astoria  //www.ticketweb.com
30/11/2003 Wolverhampton Civic  //www.wolvescivic.co.uk
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light
Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life
All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside
When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

The Letter R

Saw them many a time in their hey day although kind of lost interest since the reforming etc.. and a press article where they admitted making up rumours just to get column inches! - not really Rock'n'Roll!
Having said that they always put on a top show and if they do the same you should have a good time.
Just rememered also Harry James the drummer used to get a bit tiresome as he had to keep coming forward to do jokes etc.. he's not a drummer content to sit behind the kit -
All in all Thunder were always a band that promised so much and could have been so good - shame they never made it really.

Analog RH

Thunder are releasing their seventh album "The Magnificent Seventh" on 21st February.

Thenop

Thunder is a great live band...I opened once for them with my own band here in Rotterdam. Nice enough chaps as well....the drummer is a friendly a nice bloke. I read he did the latest Magnum album as well...is he part of both bands now then?
Arrogance Is Bliss

Granty Boy

I'm going to see them next year.....
.....for the 7th time!
Glasgow '92
London '04
Glasgow '04
Glasgow '07
Newcastle '07
Manchester '07
Dublin '11
Glasgow '11