drastic lineup changes

Started by Slim, March 27, 2004, 00:37:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve_Harrison

Whatever happened to artimus pyle? I know he did one lp called `APB` but never heard much else from him. I know hes on some of the DVDS but Mick did his band ever release anything else?

Ian Hills

As with Deep Purple there are many bands that have only 1 member ever present.
Yes-Chris Squire
Pink Floyd-Nick Mason
Black Sabbath-Tony Iommi
Uriah Heep-Mick Box
T.REX-Marc Bolan
Motorhead-Lemmy
Whitesnake-David Coverdale
Jethro Tull-Ian Anderson
AC/DC-Angus Young
Rainbow-Richie Blackmore
Guns 'N' Roses-Axl Rose
The Damned-David Vanian
UFO-Phil Mogg
& countless more
Hammersmith Odeon May 1979
Stafford Bingley Hall Sept. 1979
Hammersmith Odeon June 1980
Wembley Arena November 1981
Wembley Arena May 1983
Birmingham NEC April 1988
Wembley  April 1988
Wembley  April 1992
Wembley  September 2004
Wembley October 2007-cancelled!
O2 Arena May 2001

Steve_Harrison

QuoteAs with Deep Purple there are many bands that have only 1 member ever present

AC/DC-Angus Young

What about Malc aint he been there all the time ?or has he left at some point ?

captainkurtz

Malcolm was replaced, albeit temporarily, in the late 80's whilst he went off to sort out his drink problems.

Fair play to him - he and the band dealt with it very well and he's not looked back since.

Speaking of Guns n Roses - what a shame - I've been revisiting their Use Your Illusion records in recent weeks and bar a few fillers, they are awesome rock records.
Anger is a gift.

Dave_Lack

A bit obscure I know, but I'm sure Jazz rockers Soft Machine ended up with no original members before they split up.  :)

Ian Hills

March 27, 2004, 22:35:06 pm #20 Last Edit: March 27, 2004, 22:35:45 pm by IAN_HILLS
QuoteA bit obscure I know, but I'm sure Jazz rockers Soft Machine ended up with no original members before they split up.
Hammersmith Odeon May 1979
Stafford Bingley Hall Sept. 1979
Hammersmith Odeon June 1980
Wembley Arena November 1981
Wembley Arena May 1983
Birmingham NEC April 1988
Wembley  April 1988
Wembley  April 1992
Wembley  September 2004
Wembley October 2007-cancelled!
O2 Arena May 2001

Tom Garrett

still got 3 original members,Gary Rossington,Billy Powell and Ricky Medlocke who actually played drums on first release.As a matter of fact only one original member Ronnie V Z died in the plane crash,Allen Collins died in 1990 Leon Wilkinson a couple of years ago.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!