New Gear - Keyboards

Started by Reg, May 28, 2019, 13:21:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

Yamaha DJX.

I just couldn't resist. Especially after seeing (or more accurately hearing) what a chap called Sandpuppy coaxes out of one on YouTube.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Matt2112

May 28, 2019, 18:47:55 pm #1 Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 18:54:28 pm by Matt2112
I have one of those!  Got it for about £35 on eBay a few years ago now.  It's not really for "serious" keyboard players, so as I'm not one in any respect it suits my needs quite well.  ;) :)

I did use it to record a demo of a trance version of Jacob's Ladder though, which is on my soundcloud channel should anyone wish to venture a listen (search "matt2112uk").
The keys to happiness

Reg

Why am I not surprised that you've got one Matt? 8) 

I doubt I will ever be able to play 'properly' (although I can do a few chords) but it has some fantastic sounds and rhythms built in and I'm having great fun tinkering with it. I've ordered some replacement knobs for the 3 missing ones, and I got a sustain pedal for it yesterday which I would never have thought of without them there youtube vids.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide