Drum Solos

Started by Mark_Williams, July 10, 2002, 02:55:55 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark_Williams

Does anyone know of any gigs when anything has gone disastrously wrong during a drum solo?

Personally as Neil is God - I can't believe that it has ever happened

However, it may have been out of his control?

Stewart

I can't ever remember hearing of one...

Chris Quartly

Me neither, though I have heard of a bootleg from the ATWAS tour when Neil's snare breaks half-way through the gig and they didn't have a spare. So he had to carry on with the knackered snare drum.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Mark_Williams

I bet that made him extremely angry being the perfectionist he is and reading past articles by him where even though thousands of fans thought it was a perfect show, he felt down coz it could have been better

Ahh what a guy what a god  :)

Stewart

QuoteMe neither, though I have heard of a bootleg from the ATWAS tour when Neil's snare breaks half-way through the gig and they didn't have a spare. So he had to carry on with the knackered snare drum.

It's also on the ATWAS album :-)

You can here it go, class...

Ashley

What a  surprise!

Nobody cares about the drummer section until guess who pops up for a chat!

Don't forget my little anectdote about the echo on Force Ten, and all he could do was shake his head (in time of course).

I know he would never admit it, but he is quite simply the best - full stop!

Mark_Williams

I had to

he is God - If I had my way drum solos would be piped out of speakers all over the college

Ahhhh just imagine

I wonder if he would give me drum lessons if I wrote him a nice letter? :-/

Andy Piercy

Didn't one of Spinal Tap's drummers expire during a solo?
 ;D

Mark_Williams

Ha -I think you're right

Sometimes I'm surprised Neil doesn't explode wirth that serious look and extreme concentration

However, being God that just wouldn't happen  :)

Chris Quartly

I think deep down he knows he's the best  :P
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Mark_Williams

I think he needs to be interviewed by all the drum magazines and real soon (when he's good and ready of course)

Ashley

Personally, I think Mark is more likely to explode during Neils solo's than Mr Peart.

Nephronic

There was the time during the Hemispheres tour when, following a dodgy curry the previous night, Neil farted during the drum solo. Unfortunately there was more than a bit of follow through. Neil stopped the solo, went off stage to change his, now rather moist and smelly, pants. He returned and restarted the solo exactly were he had left it. What a guy!!!
Who Put The 'N' in North Berwick?

Mark_Williams

I have those very pants