The Da Vinci Code

Started by Ashley_Davidson, August 19, 2004, 14:00:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TomC

well, andy, it has got people reading and talking about books, so I can allow it greatness on that count.

AndyG

Even that's debatable Tom. ::)
Agree. It's really crap. Horrible cliched characters and a 'suprise' twist which I saw coming a mile off - and believe me I never usually do not see such  things coming. Worst of all though is that real cop out ending. Bit like watching Raiders of the Lost Ark and then seeing them stick it in a warehouse in the final reel. ???

AndyG

Quotewell, andy, it has got people reading and talking about books, so I can allow it greatness on that count.
That's like saying that Tracey Emin (sp?) is a great artist coz her unmade bed rubbish 'got people talking'. Emperors new clothes and all that if you ask me.

BaldiePete

Agree. It's really crap. Horrible cliched characters and a 'suprise' twist which I saw coming a mile off - and believe me I never usually do not see such  things coming. Worst of all though is that real cop out ending. Bit like watching Raiders of the Lost Ark and then seeing them stick it in a warehouse in the final reel. ???

At last, someone who agrees with me about this load of toss  ;)

andyhaines

At last, someone who agrees with me about this load of toss

Whatever colours you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

TomC

Amazing how many people actually agree with you if you dare admit it! Thought I would get hugely slagged off.

BaldiePete

QuoteAmazing how many people actually agree with you if you dare admit it! Thought I would get hugely slagged off.

But Tom, I don't have any problem with the religious aspects  ;) (though it's probably nonsense). My complaint is that it's badly written derivative crap with a "twist" that could be spotted a good couple of hundred pages in advance.

Bec

But Tom, I don't have any problem with the religious aspects  ;) (though it's probably nonsense). My complaint is that it's badly written derivative crap with a "twist" that could be spotted a good couple of hundred pages in advance.

yeah but it makes excellent toilet paper and theres lots of pages ;D

TomC

Aha, but toilet paper is cheaper and is softer on the bum!

Bez

QuoteAha, but toilet paper is cheaper and is softer on the bum!

and degrades properly once flushed.... ::)

I still enjoyed the book, I like his writing style, I was inspired to do some independant reading and I looked at the artworks in detail.
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

TomC

For those of you who enjoyed this book, you could try the lastest Kathy Reichs novel, which takes another shot at "what really happened to Jesus" - not her best by a long chalk and really spolied by humanistic sermonising on the last 2 pages.

Tom Garrett

I still enjoyed the book, I like his writing style, I was inspired to do some independant reading and I looked at the artworks in detail.
i've enjoy his writing style as well, total fiction, despite his claims in interviews, but gripping reading.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!