Any Holiday Book Recommendations

Started by Bez, June 30, 2004, 15:20:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

Off on hols soon  - can't wait - Eurocamping in France.

Has anyone got any recommendations for holiday reading ?
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

maria

i always like reading Clive Cussler on holidays - good switch off the brain swash buckling stuff.

Bez

Quotei always like reading Clive Cussler on holidays - good switch off the brain swash buckling stuff.

I'll check him out...any good places to start Maria ?

Ron

My wife is collecting some Henning Mankell books for our holidays, so that might be worth a try. Mind you, I haven't read one yet, so I cannot tell you from personal experience, but my wife sure loves the better detective stories.
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Sean

Quotei always like reading Clive Cussler on holidays - good switch off the brain swash buckling stuff.

Yeah, I always enjoy a good Tom Clancy novel when I'm on my hols for the same reason. ;)

maria

June 30, 2004, 20:55:26 pm #5 Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 20:57:13 pm by maria
god i've got tons - the blue serpent's a good one, valhalla rising's not bad, raise the titanic's - do a search on him at amazon and lots will pop up and they are all good.

you can normally find lots of clive cussler / tom clancy books at second hand shops and car boots.

sean - maybe we should go on holidays together and swap books!  ;)

Sean

sean - maybe we should go on holidays together and swap books!

maria

waahhhaayyyy - my lucky day!!!  lmao

Ron

If we went on holiday together, I'd find plenty of things to do with you other than swapping books.

Crewe

Sean

I hope you only mean literary things here, otherwise I have to lock the two of you in the basement. ;D

::)

Better hang a Do Not Disturb sign while you're at it.   ;D

Ron

::)

Better hang a Do Not Disturb sign while you're at it.

Crewe

Ashley

July 04, 2004, 23:33:22 pm #11 Last Edit: July 04, 2004, 23:35:22 pm by Ashley_Davidson
Great idea, I would recommend the following -

John Kennedy Toole - A Confederacy of Dunces - great & very funny read. Different.

Ben Mezrich - Bringing Down the House - unputdownable very interesting and one of my faves I've read this year.

Tim O'Brien - Tomcat in Love - read this a couple of years ago and it was a really good read. I liked the main character a lot.

Kuke Reinhart - The Dice Man - another really good book, I read this one in early 2004 and I would recommend it to anyone.

Bez

maria

well 'Discovery of Heaven' arrived this morning so I shall make a start on this very evening.