Philadelphia / New Jersey / Boston

Started by derrydale, February 04, 2008, 11:51:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

derrydale

February 04, 2008, 11:51:36 am Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 11:51:55 am by derrydale
The wife and I are planning a trip to the USA (Possible early September)

MarkThomas

If you've got the time, I'd consider flying to DC, spending a few days there, then meandering North East and finishing in Boston. Better to be in New England at the end of your stay, as the foliage will be turning more the later it gets. Would definitely drive - it's so damn easy to cruise around America (although the cops are a bit bolshy if you have a tendency to push on somewhat).

The drive from DC across the Chesapeake at Annapolis and up through Delaware to Philly is nice, as are the runs from New York along the Connecticut coast or up to the Connecticut / Mass state line around Sheffield. I can recommend a restaurant called Seaside Johnny's in Rye Brook on the coast at NY / Conn state line if you're a seafood lover.

About 130 miles from DC to Philly, 90 from Philly to NY and 200 from NY to Boston, (although the discerning Rush fan would obviously break the trip in Middletown, Conn), so the drives aren't anything you couldn't knock off in a day even with some sightseeing.

jarvo

Chris Quartly

Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

markyg

we did the new england thing this last year, its a bit hit and miss for us brits as it all depends on how dry a summer they have over there as to when the best colours appear.
this year was ok, but we were a little early - apparently.