Rome

Started by Ashley, August 07, 2006, 22:35:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Blastzone

I'm confused!!!  :-?
We're all agreeing with each other!!!
I thought everyone criticised what the last person said and moaned about how crap everything is nowadays and how good Rome used to be in 1881!!!
;D

agreed ;D
Mon the Jambos

Ron

I'm confused!!!  :-?
We're all agreeing with each other!!!
I thought everyone criticised what the last person said and moaned about how crap everything is nowadays and how good Rome used to be in 1881!!!
;D

That's because this section is not infected with the Slim/Jonners virus.
Personally, I'd like to keep it that way. ;D
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Tom Garrett

QuoteRome is the current plan for mid May. Now that our cat has finally passed away, we can go on holidays together again.
Tom, any suggestions for hotels/restaurants?

oops. just saw this. :-[
Pick a hotel near Termini, the main train, bus and Metro station. plenty of hotels there, but the star system on hotels are a star below what we are used to, 4 star there equates to a 3 star in Western Europe. our favourite restaurant is the Alessio,which is quite close to the ststion, as with most city centre restaurants, the menu isn't too extensive, but what they do, they do very well, and their wine list is impressive.Best of all, the head waiter is a big Rush fan. 8-)we always stay in the Universo Hotel,4 star, friendly and well located , only 2 blocks from Termini.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Ashley

Looking for an apartment in Roma with 2 bedrooms for August / Sept.

Anyone got some decent suggections.

Terrace, not close to railway station etc.

Tom Garrett

QuoteLooking for an apartment in Roma with 2 bedrooms for August / Sept.

Anyone got some decent suggections.

Terrace, not close to railway station etc.

There are plenty of appartments available , but anything in the city centre will cost a packet. There are some real nice ones with roof top terraces near Trevi Fountain, the ultimate romantic spot in the world, 8-)and the Spagna or Spanish Steps area, but it's way more expensive there.We're bringing ther kids this time when we go the first week in august, don't know if we'll opt for an appartment or hotel, but it's only for 4-5 days.August is quite a good time to go, sales are on, not as crowded or loud.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

snodes

I'm off to the eternal city for the first time in a month with Mrs S (just after the Wembley gig - tough week). I have Sat PM to Tuesday AM for sight seeing - with ueum closing times etc I'm planning the Colosseum for Sun and Vatican for Monday - anyone have a top five things to do or off the beaten track cool places to visit? It's a big busy city so I'm only going to scratch the surface on this first trip.
"As soon as you stop believing you will win, you've started to lose"

Dods

Had a text earlier from a certain Geordie having lunch with Sophia in Piazza Popollo

Micke.K

QuoteI'm off to the eternal city for the first time in a month with Mrs S (just after the Wembley gig - tough week). I have Sat PM to Tuesday AM for sight seeing - with ueum closing times etc I'm planning the Colosseum for Sun and Vatican for Monday - anyone have a top five things to do or off the beaten track cool places to visit? It's a big busy city so I'm only going to scratch the surface on this first trip.

I'm going to Rome too, right after the Stalker Tour....A few days after returning from the Manchester gig, me and my GF will go to rome for a "long weekend", thursday to sunday 18th to 21st october

I've only been in Rome once before, and that was just for 1 day

Gonna be great 8-)

Ron

Will be in Rome at the end of October, for a business trip.
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Tom Garrett

QuoteHad a text earlier from a certain Geordie having lunch with Sophia in Piazza Popollo

One of the nicest Piazza's in Rome,  8-)
Just be careful not to go via Del Corso if your wife is with you ( expensive shops :-X)
We're either going at halloween or for the new year for a few nights.