Rome

Started by Ashley, August 07, 2006, 22:35:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

Tom G say's it's a shit hole, hardly worth the bother.

I disagree, what do you all think?

Ron

Only been there once on a business trip.
Stayed in a hotel very close to the Forum and the university.
Saw a bit of the Forum and Collosseum in the evening, but serious rain spoiled my plans for a nice morning walk.
I would love to go there as a tourist for a couple of days.
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Tom Garrett

QuoteTom G say's it's a shit hole, hardly worth the bother.

I disagree, what do you all think?

[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]
it's the type of shithole i'd permanently move to in the morning. 8-)
even the backstreets are steeped in history. 8-)
the food and wine are exceptional, esp when they get to know you . ;)and we have made a lot of friends here over the years.
this time of the year, i have a very happy wife, the sales here are from 50 to 80 % off, even on designer gear.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Dods

I was there for the Rome derby in Feb. Absolutely fantastic and I am planning another trip this year to 'do' the tourist bit properly and with feminine company  ;)

The sales were great when I was there too. I was delayed for a day since I got my passport nicked. So since I was on my own, I shopped  ;D

Tom Garrett

August 09, 2006, 18:52:08 pm #4 Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 18:53:47 pm by tom_garrett
went to a fantastic museum and gallery on Capitol hill early today, thousands of years of history and art. later spent a nice relaxing afternoon in the Borgeise gardens.
Vatican City and musems and maybe the Catacombs tomorrow.
the most enjoyable way to enjoy Rome is to spend enough time here, and discover it for yourself, don't go on organised tours. it's amazing the places you will discover that are not on any tourist guide.
plenty of scam artists here, but they are quite amusing when you know what they are up to. ;D
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Nicola B

Must admit its a place I've always wanted to go. May just try and go next year for a long weekend. Would that be enough to see most things?

I have been to Florence, Sienna and Pisa and loved them all.
If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice...

Tom Garrett

QuoteMust admit its a place I've always wanted to go. May just try and go next year for a long weekend. Would that be enough to see most things?

I have been to Florence, Sienna and Pisa and loved them all.

not a hope, 10 days at least to see the major sights. this is my 5h time here and we still discover new things every time.

Dods

QuoteI have been to Florence, Sienna and Pisa and loved them all.

Ooh, how was Florence? Romantic?

Natural_Rush

Rome is a fantastic place i used to live there and it has superb food , great people , and some great clubs and pubs

Ashley

Sadly Rome never happened, so no more holiday this year.  :-[

Ron

Rome is the current plan for mid May. Now that our cat has finally passed away, we can go on holidays together again.
Tom, any suggestions for hotels/restaurants?

Crewe

Ron

It appears we have too few days available in the intended period for the trip, so please take your time responding, Tom. :)

We are now looking into Antwerp for a 4 day break.

Crewe

Lee2112

QuoteMust admit its a place I've always wanted to go. May just try and go next year for a long weekend. Would that be enough to see most things?

not a hope, 10 days at least to see the major sights. this is my 5h time here and we still discover new things every time.

I agree with Tom. It's a brilliant place to visit. We went there for 3 days and we didn't waste a single second getting around seeing all we could. Totally knackered and needed a holiday after the holiday but there was so much we didn't see. But everything we did visit was absolutely amazing.

Blastzone

I agree with Tom. It's a brilliant place to visit. We went there for 3 days and we didn't waste a single second getting around seeing all we could. Totally knackered and needed a holiday after the holiday but there was so much we didn't see. But everything we did visit was absolutely amazing.

Agree with all that Lee.
Went around 18mnths ago with wife and friends for 3 days.
Fantastic city with breathtaking views and history.

The small restaurants ,down the alleyways near the spanish steps, served in our opinion, the very best food
Will visit again without doubt ,to catch the things we didnt get to
Mon the Jambos

Lee2112

QuoteI agree with Tom.

Agree with all that Lee.

I'm confused!!!