Switzerland / England

Started by derrydale, July 20, 2006, 09:19:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

derrydale

I have just come back from two weeks in Switzerland.  Whilst there we not notice how clean everywhere was; not only the mountains, pastures but villages and towns. No dust flying about, no litter especially tin cans, plastic bottles.  It seemed out of place not to put litter in the right place or take it back to our hotel and dispose of it properly.

Upon returning home and especially travelling to work I notice how disgusting we are about disposing of rubbish properly.  Leaving home this morning the streets where I live have broken glass, cans, paper etc laying about. Down the M20 motorway not only rubbish but long finished roadwork cones, signs etc etc.

Where has our sense of pride gone?

The Letter R

July 21, 2006, 13:50:34 pm #1 Last Edit: July 21, 2006, 13:51:08 pm by The_Letter_R
Where has our sense of pride gone?

I guess that is a long debate for somewhere else on this board - but I do remember from my visit to Switzerland in the mid 80's how wonderfully clean and fresh the whole place was.....they also have National Service out there...maybe that could instill some self worth and pride back in people over here....but then you only get shat on by the goverment when they send you to fight someone elses wars......oh well....