Los Angeles

Started by Dods, February 06, 2006, 15:58:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dods

Straight after the Rome trip I am off on business for two weeks in LA. I was there on a couple of occasions last year but it was all a bit frantic. Work got in the way of pleasure  :o

I stayed in Pasadena which is very nice indeed. A bit unusual for an American city (well city within a city) as it has  a heart and main street as such. Great restaurants, shopping and bars/clubs. We were in the audience for a Will & Grace episode, 'did' Venice & Universal City then stayed in West Hollywood the weekend enjoying The House of Blues, Viper Room, Whiskey a Go Go and the Roxy before coming back.

This time, were are seeing Big Jobi (Bon Jovi to you  ;D) one night but other than that I'm free. Generally only evening activities unless it is a weekend or being taken out by the local mob.

Huge city, huge diversities. No kids so purely adult.

Do you have any 'musts' if you have been or were to go?

Ron

Yep, been to LA quite a few times.
Will come up with some 'musts' a bit later.
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Ron

Huntington Library in Pasadena is a great place to visit, certainly if you are interested in books.
El Pueblo, the Mexican 'core' around which LA developed is a nice place to visit too.

Driving through the various mountain ranges is great as well.
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

The Letter R

If you didn't go there before then I would recommend the Rainbow Bar and Grill - just down the road from the Whisky.
An actual REAL Rock'n'Roll hang-out.

Dods

Thanks folks.

Paula from the office is coming too so it looks like I'll be back in West Hollywood as she wants to go to the Oscars  ::)

I'll just go to the Rainbow then  ;D

We'll be in Pasadena through the week so I'll check out the library too.

Dods

Just got tickets for LA Lakers ice hockey.  :D