How's this for culture?

Started by dwtty, November 26, 2005, 04:10:52 am

Previous topic - Next topic

dwtty

last year when my grandmother died, my mother asked me to come to a place where she has always wanted to go - to see an opera at La Scala.

so today i phoned an old family friend in Milan and asked her to book tickets for Tosca next May, i've booked the hotel and the flights from Cardiff!

Haven't told my mother yet, i think a week before i wil take her shopping for an opera outfit and tell her then.

Ron

Sounds like a great trip.

I know my wife would love to make a trip like that as well, certainly if I add some Milan shopping time for her. ;)
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

dwtty

yes i am looking forward to it,especially since we will have  a guide in the family friend Marianne, she's been living there for 25 years now.
 hubby's not happy about me going but this is something i want to do for my mum and we are only going for 3 days!

Tom Garrett

QuoteSounds like a great trip.

I know my wife would love to make a trip like that as well, certainly if I add some Milan shopping time for her. ;)
same as mine, La Scala is one place my wife wants to visit, preferably to a show.it's the shopping i'm worried about. :-/
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

dwtty

So shall i book a room for your wives as well?

Tom Garrett

November 27, 2005, 01:02:52 am #5 Last Edit: November 27, 2005, 01:03:12 am by tom_garrett
QuoteSo shall i book a room for your wives as well?
next may certainly gives enough time, lmao lmao
the subway is excellent in Milano, make sure you'r hotel is close to a station,it's an incredible city,it can easily be explored by using the metro.and as for cuisine, it's the best in the world.
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

JonL

Sounds great.

We were in Verona for a day a few years ago, and the stage was being set ip in their colosseum for the open air opera. I think we're going back in the next couple of years to see one, looks spectacular.
The lenses inside of me that paint the world black. The pools of poison, the scarlet mist, that spill over into rage.

dwtty

next may certainly gives enough time, lmao lmao
the subway is excellent in Milano, make sure you'r hotel is close to a station,it's an incredible city,it can easily be explored by using the metro.and as for cuisine, it's the best in the world.

i took Marianne's advice and booked a hotel central to everything as my mothers' not very mobile. Sounds like we won't be dining alone anyway, Marianne has big plans for us!

MarkH

i took Marianne's advice and booked a hotel central to everything as my mothers' not very mobile. Sounds like we won't be dining alone anyway, Marianne has big plans for us!
You sneaky bugger. You didn't tell me about this.

dwtty

Hey, you know what my life is like, it may not come off!  

:-/

Ron

QuoteSo shall i book a room for your wives as well?

Hmmm, only my wife? Dunno if I can let her travel on her own and tell you all about me, Maria. ;)
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe