Favourite Art Gallery

Started by Analog RH, November 08, 2005, 00:02:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

kiddgloves

The Peggy Guggenheim in Venice. Everything from Renoir to Jackson Pollack, an absolutely brilliant collection. And a great city to boot.

FLITCH

Never been to an art gallery in my life.I am a Welsh heathen of the highest order,and Rush are the nearest I get to Culture!

dwtty

::)

What about the National art gallery in Cardiff?

The Natural History collection is great, also has a fantastic Celtic collection (naturally) and wonderful galleries and it's free!!

I take the kids therea lot as Ben loves dinosaurs and monsters but it scared to death of the whales' skeleton hanging from the ceiling in one gallery.

FLITCH

November 19, 2005, 05:01:23 am #18 Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 05:01:55 am by FLITCH
Quote::)

What about the National art gallery in Cardiff?

The Natural History collection is great, also has a fantastic Celtic collection (naturally) and wonderful galleries and it's free!!

I take the kids therea lot as Ben loves dinosaurs and monsters but it scared to death of the whales' skeleton hanging from the ceiling in one gallery.
I've been to the Natural History Museum in London,does that count.2 years ago we walked over Westminster Bridge,had a look at the Tate Gallery(I think that was the one) from the outside,and walked back over the bridge to the pub :P

dwtty

Ahhh Flitch you are a true culture vulture indeed.......

::)

Gary L. Grape

November 19, 2005, 16:29:03 pm #20 Last Edit: November 19, 2005, 16:29:19 pm by Henrik_Bockelman
I recommend this art gallery if you visit Helsinki, Finland.

Norwegian

And of course the Munch-museum next time you
"Information does not kill you" - FZ

Red

Wasn't 'Scream' stolen?

Or has it been found again?

Ashley

QuoteWasn't 'Scream' stolen?

It got found didn't it?

Norwegian

November 21, 2005, 16:34:35 pm #24 Last Edit: November 21, 2005, 16:36:00 pm by norwegian
QuoteWasn't 'Scream' stolen?

Yes Scream and Madonna. No, they have not resurfaced yet :-/

Security yesterday was amazing - like an airport

Too late :'(

"Information does not kill you" - FZ