A wee dram...

Started by Bob, November 19, 2004, 05:18:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Quartly

Opened my 12YO Highland Park the other day, yummy!
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Fishy

..opened this up a few days ago..just superb..lovely peaty taste...
From the Land of Honest Men.

Slim

Quote from: NeilP on January 08, 2009, 19:14:58 pm
Isn't that 11 units? ::)

No - it's only 40%. 40% x 700ml = 28 units, so I consumed less than 10 units.

Slim

Quote from: thefishy on January 12, 2009, 15:06:36 pm
..opened this up a few days ago..just superb..lovely peaty taste...

Yes, and a hint of the Atlantic sea air. My very favourite, that one. But lots more still to try.

rufus the dawg

if you go to elgol on skye you can get a boat trip over to the cuillins. the fun of the trip is that the guy that runs the trip gets the talisker out and hands it around, magic.

so the captain get the talisker out and my wife and i have a wee dram, and there is a group of four (two  young couples) sitting opposite us on the boat and one of the guys says lets have one "great wiskey". so four taliskers get handed around and the faces on one of the couples; it was like watching kids trying to drink cough mixture- so funny, they should of kept to the diet C(h)oke

Norwegian

Anyone tried this? They say it gives you less hangover than other Whiskies... ::)

http://martini-lounge.blogspot.com/2009/02/naked-scot-hangover-free-whisky.html
"Information does not kill you" - FZ

Fishy

From the Land of Honest Men.

Dixkot

BaldiePete

Old Whisky Good - New Whisky Bad  ;) ::)

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Norwegian on March 04, 2009, 15:14:06 pm
Anyone tried this? They say it gives you less hangover than other Whiskies... ::)

i get really bad hangovers from real ale (2/3 pints),i do not get hang overs from whisky and wine, why is that?

andyhaines

Visited The Scotch Malt Whisky Society at The Vaults in Leith on Saturday. Wonderful place. Sampled several lovely whiskys in a great atmosphere. Food was fantastic as well. :)

Whatever colours you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

BaldiePete

Quote from: andyhaines on May 04, 2009, 18:16:33 pm
Visited The Scotch Malt Whisky Society at The Vaults in Leith on Saturday. Wonderful place. Sampled several lovely whiskys in a great atmosphere. Food was fantastic as well. :)

It's great at The Vaults. Don't bother with the place they have up on Queen Street - it has absolutely no atmosphere compared to the Vaults. Are you a member or were you a guest ?

BaldiePete

I'm going to be up in Orkney in a couple of weeks time. I've just booked a Highland Park distillery tour  ;D ;D

andyhaines

Quote from: BaldiePete on May 04, 2009, 18:44:31 pm
It's great at The Vaults. Don't bother with the place they have up on Queen Street - it has absolutely no atmosphere compared to the Vaults. Are you a member or were you a guest?

This muppet smuggled me in:

;D

Whatever colours you have in your mind
I'll show them to you and you'll see them shine

BaldiePete

Quote from: andyhaines on May 04, 2009, 19:40:03 pm
This muppet smuggled me in:

;D

That looks like a suspiciously clear liquid you are drinking there  ;)