A wee dram...

Started by Bob, November 19, 2004, 05:18:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

rufus the dawg

QuoteI bought a bottle of Bruichladdich at Asda. Supposedly an Islay single malt, but it tastes more like a decent blended to me. None of the marine notes or peaty heat I've come to expect from an Islay. Very ordinary, not really my thing.

I bought it because it was on special offer; the usual overriding criterion of course.

was it asda own brand? if not should be original. bruichladdich is usual cheap compared to most single malts, isn't it meant to be quite light in taste though that is what i remember, i have only had one bottle of this and that was about ten year ago

Slim

No, it was the original Bruichladdich.

rufus the dawg

just brought a bottle of ten year old balvenie for thirteen pounds from tescos

Ruud

Nice one Rufus

IMHO The Balvenie is (one of) the best producers in Scotland.

You should try the Doublewood or the Single Cask, they're great also
~ All the world's a stage ~

rufus the dawg

yes the double wood is excellent, a bit like royal lochnagar, but with a little longer finish, my wife even drinks the double wood.

i missed out on another deal at tescos on monday, they had THELIVET fifteen year old french oak for twenty three pounds, it was the only one on the shelf and i did not buy it. idiot. i went back the next day and it was gone.

Nïckslïkk2112

Tonight, I have been mostly drinking Balvenie Doublewood.
Legend in my own Mind

Ruud

For me it's going to be the Highland Park 12years old tonight.

Tried the 18 years old a couple of days but still prefer the 12years.

Ron

I quite like both, with a slight preference for the 12 year old one as well.

Couple of business trips coming up, so I can start stacking a few more Laphoraigh and Lagavulin bottles.
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Ruud

Completing your collection Ron ?  :P

Ron

Quote from: Ruud on November 04, 2008, 21:32:52 pm
Completing your collection Ron ?  :P

Nah, it can never be complete, a whisky collection. But I am stacking a few bottles, yes!  :P
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

rufus the dawg

tescos have The Livet fitteen year old in again for twenty one pounds, going to buy a bottle today.

Slim

Somerfield have the 12YO Glenlivet for a little less than Ã,£16 at the moment.

BaldiePete

HP 18YO for Ã,£35.99 at Edinburgh Airport, an absolute bargain. It's normally Ã,£60.

Slim

Damn Somerfield and their reasonably-priced Glenlivet.

Chris Quartly

Tried my best to work my way through the Scotch menu at the work Christmas do on Friday.

Can't remember everything I tried ;D but the Monkey Shoulder was quite pleasant, hadn't heard of that before.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade