A wee dram...

Started by Bob, November 19, 2004, 05:18:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Reg

Did I bring whisky with me?  I can't remember.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Andrew_Haldane

We both did, not sure if Chris did though.

Reg

Quote from: Bisto on February 02, 2011, 10:39:12 am
We both did, not sure if Chris did though.
Oh.  Then it would have been the Lagavulin.  Same bottle.  I've only got about a quarter left.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Reg on February 02, 2011, 13:37:54 pm
Oh.  Then it would have been the Lagavulin.  Same bottle.  I've only got about a quarter left.

Bloody hell, thats some restraint!  :o ;D

Reg

Quote from: Bisto on February 02, 2011, 14:08:28 pm
Bloody hell, thats some restraint!  :o ;D
Oh I've got other whiskys to keep me going!  The Lagavulin I keep for special occasions now.

Dods

Lagavulin - Gadz! Far too peaty for my delicate tastes when it comes to a dram.

Slim mentioned Glenlivit earlier, now your talking. Even a Glen Garioch from the local village - fine. The Still Man'a a good lad.

Reg, eight years. Far to much discipline mate.

Ron

The Quarter Cask Laproaigh is a nice one too. I'm glad my taste is not that delicate. :)
But 8 months would already be serious restraint, let alone 8 years!

Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Reg

To be fair, I don't drink a lot of whisky - its a drink I like to savour at the end of a night rather than make a night of drinking it.  If that makes sense.

Reg

Um - not drinking a lot of whisky?

That kind of changed over the weekend.  Friend and I polished off a bottle of 18yo Glenlivet over Sat night and last night.  Soooo easy to drink.

Slim

Quote from: Reg on February 01, 2011, 11:34:46 am
Could be Andrew.  I'm an ex-smoker so tend to prefer more intense flavours I guess due to damaged taste buds?

In that case give Suntory Yamazaki a try, Reg - very tasty. Only tried the 12YO myself. http://www.suntory.com/yamazaki/12and18year.html

Slim

I'm currently drinking something called Snow Grouse - comes in a nice semi-opaque bottle, and it's a chill-filtered Scotch intended to be drunk "seriously chilled" (the whisky, not you).

Now you might be thinking they've come up with a way to market a blended whisky that's too rough to be drunk at the usual temperature.

I'm afraid you'd be right. Still, only £15-something. I got two bottles for that, the first and the last.

BaldiePete

I'm currently working my way down one of the bottles I got at the airport on the way to Dublin last month. It's a special edition Ardbeg called "uigeadail" (pronounced "oog-e-dall"), 54.2% ABV non-chill filtered it is stunningly smoky.

Reg

Ooooooooh.  That sounds niiiiiiice Pete.

Ron

I remember that one, Pete and indeed it is nice and peaty.....
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Andrew_Haldane

Just wondering if any of you peat lovers smoke cigarettes? Each to their own palette of course but its such a strong flavour I'm interested to see if there might be any link/correlation