A wee dram...

Started by Bob, November 19, 2004, 05:18:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Slim

For vodka fans, Smirnoff's Black Label is highly recommended. It really tastes different - a distinctive rounded edge that's reminiscent of tequila. Very smooth and makes award-winning martinis. Can be had for £14 if you look around, more usually £16-17 though.

Fishy

not one i would have chosen particularly..but given as a gift.. its not bad y'know :)
From the Land of Honest Men.

Dixkot

BaldiePete

Got a bottle of Talisker 57 North at the duty free in Newark last week.

Reg

Had a miniature bottle of Highland Park last night.  My first exposure to this very nice whisky.  Quite acceptable indeed!
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Reg on September 08, 2010, 12:50:20 pm
Had a miniature bottle of Highland Park last night.  My first exposure to this very nice whisky.  Quite acceptable indeed!

Indeed, quite acceptable.

Probably my favourite Whiskey (sic), but I don't think it's as good as it used to be...
Legend in my own Mind

Slim

I didn't "get" Highland Park when I tried it. Thoroughly drinkable, but nondescript.

Red Star

Had a bottle of this given to me today for my 50th birthday;

You shall call me pisshead the God of Pintage I shall be...

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Slim on September 08, 2010, 16:44:28 pm
I didn't "get" Highland Park when I tried it. Thoroughly drinkable, but nondescript.

Well, I'd say that HP was the best all-round Malt there is, it used to be especially good when drunk from a hip flask at the top of a mountain when out skiing :)

Like most things, it's not as good as it ysed to be...
Legend in my own Mind

Reg

Quote from: Red Star on October 01, 2010, 09:36:01 am
Had a bottle of this given to me today for my 50th birthday;

That's a nice malt Chris - I've got about a 1/3 of a bottle left of that one.
Standing in the shadows, hiding from the light<br />Reach out in the darkness, and hold on for your life<br />All the fear of the future, all the emptiness inside<br />When the moment of truth arrives, hey, you can run but you can't hide

rufus the dawg

December 05, 2010, 15:03:34 pm #1150 Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 15:09:17 pm by rufus the dawg
has anyone had a decent blend, i was thinking of buying a bottle of black bottle whisky, i am wondering if anyone has tried it.

i have a friend who will drink a whole bottle of whisky in one sitting.  it get very expensive and i am not sure he tastes it, he drinks lidil stuff normally, so i am after something decent that tastes ok (i will drink it with him) that does not cost the earth.

Reg

Got a bottle of quarter cask Laphroaig for myself as a treat from Waitrose - down from £30 to £23.summat.

Although this lot want £35!

http://www.whiskyshop.com/Shop/Detail.aspx?whisky=Laphroaig-Quarter-Cask-Whisky&pid=2393

BaldiePete

Quote from: Reg on December 05, 2010, 15:15:17 pm
Got a bottle of quarter cask Laphroaig for myself as a treat from Waitrose - down from £30 to £23.summat.

Although this lot want £35!

http://www.whiskyshop.com/Shop/Detail.aspx?whisky=Laphroaig-Quarter-Cask-Whisky&pid=2393

£23 is a good price for the quarter cask.

Reg

Dixkot

Quote from: rufus the dawg on December 05, 2010, 15:03:34 pm
has anyone had a decent blend, i was thinking of buying a bottle of black bottle whisky, i am wondering if anyone has tried it.

i have a friend who will drink a whole bottle of whisky in one sitting.  it get very expensive and i am not sure he tastes it, he drinks lidil stuff normally, so i am after something decent that tastes ok (i will drink it with him) that does not cost the earth.

As blended go, Black Bottle is up there with the best of them.  Chivas Regal is probably my favourite.  J&B and Grouse are also very good.