Started by Bob, November 19, 2004, 05:18:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishy

Quote from: Norwegian on August 01, 2009, 10:22:23 am
had 3 glasses, big headache today - wtf >:(

fecking lightweight..:)
From the Land of Honest Men.

Slim

Currently imbibing a glass of Tesco's own (sort of .. they don't distill it out the back) Islay Single Malt. Very nice for ÂÃ,£17, when you consider that a bottle of something dreadful like Bells or Teachers isn't much less.

Tried their Speyside a couple of weeks ago (~ ÂÃ,£15) and that was highly creditable as well. Nice one, Tesco.

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: Slim on October 09, 2009, 20:25:26 pm
Currently imbibing a glass of Tesco's own (sort of .. they don't distill it out the back) Islay Single Malt. Very nice for ÂÃ,£17, when you consider that a bottle of something dreadful like Bells or Teachers isn't much less.

Tried their Speyside a couple of weeks ago (~ ÂÃ,£15) and that was highly creditable as well. Nice one, Tesco.

Yup Tesco's own label malts are of a very high quality for the price.
I regularly buy them.
Legend in my own Mind

rufus the dawg

i went to a glenfarcas whiskey tasting with tanners at shrewsbury last wednesday. it cost me ÂÃ,£25 so a price of a good single.
i had a
10 year old - good all round drinking
15 year old - one of the best scotches i have tasted good before and after dinner
21 year old -after dinner drinking
25 year old - after dinner again
30 year old - tasted like a christmas cake
105 -60% - very powerful
1990- single cask- cask strength- very powerful and amazing
1970-single cask - cask strengh - strong and powerful with lots of oak.

everyone agreed that the 15 year old is an excellant all round whiskey and the best of the lot. i also worked out i must of had about ÂÃ,£60
worth of whiskey.

one of the tales told by  the family member who was there who owns glenfarcas is that diageo have built one massive distillery that can make
the whiskey from all the different distilleries they own from under one roof by the push of a button. all the stills have been remade to the
same dimensions to the ones around scotland they own, and all this whiskey is for blending. i would not be so sure.

the head guy from the family was there telling us stories

Chris Quartly

I'm looking to buy a bottle of Dalwhinnie for Carrie's step-dad for Christmas (it's his tipple of choice), this seems to be the best price I can find one for.

http://www.waitrosewine.com/230406365/Product.aspx?source=14798

Anyone know of other sources I could try?
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Andrew_Haldane

I bought a not so wee Drambuie in duty free last week ÂÃ,£17.99 for a litre...Result!

Slim

I must admit a like a small glass of Drambuie at Yuletide. A bit too sticky for everyday drinking, though.

Fishy

i like drambuie with ice ..lovely

currently ..cracked open a 10 yr old Balvennie..lovely...

spudley

Had a wee dram of a cask strength (57.9%) "as we get it" single Islay last night as I felt a cold coming on. Seems to have done the trick, my nasal passages are as clear as a  swept chimney. My liver on the other hand....

Nïckslïkk2112

Quote from: spudley on November 14, 2009, 18:55:11 pm
Had a wee dram of a cask strength (57.9%) "as we get it" single Islay last night as I felt a cold coming on. Seems to have done the trick, my nasal passages are as clear as a  swept chimney. My liver on the other hand....

The liver is not a vital organ. Clear nasal passages are a must :)
Legend in my own Mind

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Nick Sims on November 14, 2009, 21:18:33 pm
The liver is not a vital organ. Clear nasal passages are a must :)

the liver is evil and must be punished

Andrew_Haldane

Quote from: Slim on November 13, 2009, 11:42:54 am
I must admit a like a small glass of Drambuie at Yuletide. A bit too sticky for everyday drinking, though.

Ever tried mixing it with a single malt (Rusty Nail)? Fantastic with Cask Strength A'bunadh!

rufus the dawg

just seen a bottle of macallan 10 year old in the local co op for ÂÃ,£18.

Dixkot

Fishy

a couple of Balvennies last night...