A wee dram...

Started by Bob, November 19, 2004, 05:18:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

2112TomSawyer

That makes a change.

Slim

October 25, 2007, 21:23:47 pm #946 Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 21:26:37 pm by Slim
Drinking a rather fine single malt, this evening. Absolutely gorgeous, with a truly enticing flavour - quite warm, delightfully woody with lots of depth, subdued vanilla notes with a hint of citrus and a suggestion of licquorice - and as smooth as an otter's cravat.

It's the Yamazaki Single Malt Whisky,

Micke.K

And if the missus notices my slurred speech on the phone later on, I'll be able to tell her, hand on heart, that I haven't been on the Scotch again.

;D ;D

Good plan....I'll probably use it at some point.....I hope it's not copyrighted ;D

Norwegian

Having a glas of Bowmore Enigma to celebrate the SMB
"Information does not kill you" - FZ

Micke.K

QuoteHaving a glas of Bowmore Enigma to celebrate the SMB

Norwegian

Me - A glass of Shiraz 8-)

:onot one of my bottles I hope ;D

Dods

October 25, 2007, 22:51:37 pm #951 Last Edit: October 26, 2007, 11:07:34 am by Dods
QuoteIt's the Yamazaki Single Malt Whisky,

Dods

QuoteGlen Garioch......mmmmmm nice !!!!!

I just noticed this post.

The distillery is 4 miles away fae here mate  :D

Micke.K

:onot one of my bottles I hope ;D

::)

Dods

QuoteI bought of bottle of AnCnoc a while back and cracked it open (inspired by Dods!) and well I'm really surprised at how smooth and light it is.

Can someone tell me though, how the bloody hell I pronounce it?

The n's are silent  ;)

Norwegian

The n's are silent  ;)

[smiley=laugh.gif] [smiley=laugh.gif]

Slim

That is surprisingly tasty is it not  :)

However, I still do not beleive that it is a malt!   :(

It certainly is very flavoursome. To me it tastes more like a top drawer blended than a single malt.

BaldiePete

Of course it's a "malt". If it's made by the same process using the correct ingredients (malted barley, yeast, water) then it's a malt.

What it isn't is "Scotch".

That doesn't seem to have stopped the SMWS from stocking Japanese (and American) whisky though. I've never had any Japanese whisky, must try some next time I'm down there.

Slim

Would be a shame if the Japanese buggered the British whisky industry the way they did the British motor industry - but I don't think it'll happen.

Norwegian

had 3 glasses of this last night :)