A wee dram...

Started by Bob, November 19, 2004, 05:18:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BaldiePete

Ron, can you recommend some malts for me that are best bought as Duty Free's, I have a relative who flies to the Far East every month, and he could help build up my collection quite nicely.

Get the Highland Park 18YO - it's

Ashley

Get the Highland Park 18YO - it's

Ron

Try to get hold of the specials, because they seem to drop quite nicely in price.
The Lagavulin double matured is a must have, to be honest. So is the Aberlour at cask strength.

If I remember correctly, the shops at Heathrow do have a nice collection, with quite some unusual stuff, which is hard to get in regular shops. Those are the ones you should be after.
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Ashley

QuoteTry to get hold of the specials, because they seem to drop quite nicely in price.
The Lagavulin double matured is a must have, to be honest. So is the Aberlour at cask strength.

If I remember correctly, the shops at Heathrow do have a nice collection, with quite some unusual stuff, which is hard to get in regular shops. Those are the ones you should be after.

Shall do.  ;)

BaldiePete

This is gonna cost  you  lmao

Ron

QuoteThis is gonna cost  you  lmao

Oh yeah!
Dat geluk verdwijnt voor geld

Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy, Madison Square Garden, Wembley Arena, Ahoy, Ahoy, Ahoy.

Crewe

Bob

November 29, 2004, 14:39:34 pm #51 Last Edit: November 29, 2004, 14:40:21 pm by Bob

Bob darling, they ain't worth collecting if they are half empty!  ::)

Ash sweetie I own two bottles and one is unopened and still in its round box and packaging with seal firmly in tact  :P

Bob

well call me common but heres my collection (which has just only started)

Macallan 15 YO - cask strength (only 800 bottles made)
Macallan 12 YO - cask strength
Glenlivet 18 YO
Glendfiddich 15 YO

Not very much because I haven't really got round to trying many others, I quite like Irish Whisky as well (Jonno and Bob got us a bottle of Bushmills which is very nice).

Ashley

find it impossible to leave any bottle of alcoholic beverage unopened, so I will not be collecting I'm afraid.

Ashley

I'm going shopping.  ;D

Bob

Quotefind it impossible to leave any bottle of alcoholic beverage unopened, so I will not be collecting I'm afraid.

Thats my problem, I buy them to keep but I end up drinking them in the end.

Dods

Thats my problem, I buy them to keep but I end up drinking them in the end.

Er, I will NOT be opening my 50yr old Springbank ::)

Ashley

Er, I will NOT be opening my 50yr old Springbank ::)

I bet that's what you call your wallet!  ;D

Dods

I bet that's what you call your wallet!

BaldiePete

No, that is the mothpit  ;)

Well you are from the North-East ...   ;D