Fishy

Talisker 25 yr old

£220
From the Land of Honest Men.

Bez

Quote from: Fishy on February 06, 2015, 15:36:40 pm
Talisker 25 yr old

£220

There's a couple of "tightwads" in the group....£25 a man is going to scare them off ;)
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Bez

Quote from: BaldiePete on February 06, 2015, 15:03:44 pm
Old Pulteney 21 year old

If he likes Islay whisky get an Ardbeg Corryvreckan. If you're not sure get the Old Pulteney.

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/old-pulteney-21-year-old-whisky/#!/product/

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/ardbeg-corryvreckan-single-malt-whisky/#!/product/whiskies/ardbeg-corryvreckan-single-malt-whisky/

Cheers Pete, I think he does like Islay...don't really want to "tip our hat" by asking though...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Chris Quartly

My favourite is Highland Park 18 which is in your price bracket.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Fishy

Fishy

a visit to the Arran distillery last week revealed this little gem...

rufus the dawg

I am drinking at the moment a Lagavulin 16 year old. Which I bought for my dad in 1989 for Christmas. He never opened it.. Smokey man
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

Bisto

Quote from: rufus the dawg on April 28, 2020, 10:54:58 amI am drinking at the moment a Lagavulin 16 year old. Which I bought for my dad in 1989 for Christmas. He never opened it.. Smokey man
Tried it once, my taste buds were completely overwhelmed; I know it's popular, but it smells/tastes like it's actually mislabelled deep cleaning solution for Surgical instruments to me. In fact I've gone right off whiskey altogether over the last year or so and given my small and admittedly inexpensive stock to a friend...maybe I should start a separate Bourbon thread? ,🤔😬
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

rufus the dawg

Quote from: Bisto on April 29, 2020, 19:26:43 pmTried it once, my taste buds were completely overwhelmed; I know it's popular, but it smells/tastes like it's actually mislabelled deep cleaning solution for Surgical instruments to me. In fact I've gone right off whiskey altogether over the last year or so and given my small and admittedly inexpensive stock to a friend...maybe I should start a separate Bourbon thread? ,🤔😬
Lagavulin is extreme.

Have you tried a Royal Lochnagar -brandy and sherry or a Auchentoshan triple distilled. All the expensive bottlings are not worth it in my opinion.
Bond, Rufus, Dash and Blaize.

Bisto

Quote from: rufus the dawg on April 29, 2020, 20:00:12 pmLagavulin is extreme.

Have you tried a Royal Lochnagar -brandy and sherry or a Auchentoshan triple distilled. All the expensive bottlings are not worth it in my opinion.
Think I did try the Auchentoshan but don't remember it standing out tbh
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.