Crisps

Started by Rebecca, February 16, 2006, 13:01:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zoony

QuoteSo monster munch can't be mentioned either? :(

Technically, no. Why not start a crisp like snack thread Bec?

Oor Wullie

March 20, 2006, 20:15:35 pm #16 Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 20:15:47 pm by H3WMW
I like most brands of crisps but Walkers are the best by a long shot.

My favourite flavours are "Prawn Cocktail" and "Bacon" and I like most others but not "Cheddar Cheese". :P

They are minging.
Glasgow - 15/4/1992
London - 8/9/2004
London - 9/9/2004
Birmingham - 11/9/2004
Manchester - 12/9/2004
Glasgow - 14/9/2004
Glasgow - 3/10/2007
Newcastle - 5/10/2007
Sheffield - 6/10/2007
Dublin - 12/5/2011
Glasgow - 14/5/2011
Newcastle - 21/5/2011
Manchester - 22/5/2013
Glasgow - 30/5/2013

TerrBerr

I love Seabrooks sea salt crisps. They are crinkle cut and so tasty. I was disappointed to find that they've updated their packaging and now you can no longer 'see what you buy'. But that doesn't alter the fantastic 'crunch'.

However my very favourite crisps are ones you can't get in the UK - Ruffles - salted or 'all dressed'. The salted ones are fantastic dipped in sour cream and onion dip. Mmmmm....

To me you're a Captain, but to a Captain, you're no Captain!

zoony

QuoteI only eat crisps at work, and at the moment my favourites are Sainsburys farmhouse cheddar and spring onion, cooked in the style of kettle chips. Real McCoys roasted ham ones are very nice as well.

The Sainsburys crisps i mentioned above are part of the taste the difference range, i had another interesting variety of flavour in this range today, crispy duck with hoi sin sauce, very tasty they were as well.

Nick

Keep coming back to bacon wheat crunchies.
Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Bisto

Quote from: Nick on December 29, 2019, 20:22:31 pmKeep coming back to bacon wheat crunchies.
And the oldest resurrected tnms thread award goes to Nick 😯...2006!...I...feel...old
No good deed goes unpunished!

No amount of anxiety can change the future. No amount of regret can change the past.

zoony

Quote from: Bisto on December 30, 2019, 00:38:06 amAnd the oldest resurrected tnms thread award goes to Nick 😯...2006!...I...feel...old
Lol, I was thinking that as well mate. Haven't had any crisps since my heart attack. I used to love them as well, but I made the decision to avoid a lot of unhealthier things, and have stuck to it.

Slim

I only touch them on a long bike ride now, but I had a pleasant packet of salt & vinegar crisps yesterday.

Used to love Golden Wonder as a kid.
Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.

DavidL

Walkers were always the best. Golden Wonder always overdid the flavouring IMO (KP suffered from the same issue). Since developing a bit more of a conscience with regard to healthier consumption, the top spot goes to M&S reduced fat crinkle cut. Ready salted are good but I also love their salt and vinegar.

zoony

Quote from: zoony on December 30, 2019, 14:22:32 pmLol, I was thinking that as well mate. Haven't had any crisps since my heart attack. I used to love them as well, but I made the decision to avoid a lot of unhealthier things, and have stuck to it.
Still haven't had any, although I do allow myself a few prawn crackers when we have a Chinese as a treat every 2 or 3 weeks or so.