Author Topic: 1st Alcohol experience....  (Read 2632 times)

Eya

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
Re: 1st Alcohol experience....
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2004, 02:36:36 AM »
totally agree eya,for us growing up, it seemed "great" to sneak some drink behind our parent"s back, i agree that if an example of drinking being "no big deal" it will promote a more responsable attitude to it.

I think so too and try to follow that with my kids too - and
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 02:36:51 AM by Eya »

Tom Garrett

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Sigh
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2004, 02:38:14 AM »

I think so too and try to follow that with my kids too - and  succeeded I should say  8)     ( so far ..)

we"re going to do the same, but when they are a little older, got 2 girls, niamh is 5 and bronagh will be 4 in a few weeks time.a little young yet i think lmao
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

Eya

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2004, 02:44:37 AM »
we"re going to do the same, but when they are a little older, got 2 girls, niamh is 5 and bronagh will be 4 in a few weeks time.a little young yet i think lmao

a bit young yes indeed. There's no hurry :)   My
« Last Edit: February 08, 2004, 02:45:14 AM by Eya »

Dave Brenchley

• TNMS Member
  • Dave Rockin' Hard!
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2004, 02:50:35 AM »
I don't remember my first drink, as like others here I always had a small drink with my parents at meals.

I do however clearly remember the first time I purchased alcohol myself. I was going to a birthday party and slipped into the off licence on the way and bought 4 cans of Boddingtons. I was absolutely s**tting myself! I must have been about 15/16.

After that there was no looking back. I was routinely dispatched to the off licence on a Saturday night, as at the time I had grown before all my mates and was easily the biggest and oldest looking.

Strangely, I don't remember the first time I bought a drink in a pub, but it must of been around the same time.
We're all here in celebration, this music's gonna make us strong....
www.davebrenchley.co.uk

Eya

• TNMS Management
  • TNMS Member
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2004, 04:05:27 AM »
First drink  I've ordered in a bar must have been something like "Blue Angel" ... very typical young lady drink here...

Battlescar

• TNMS Member
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2004, 18:27:21 PM »
I think I must have been about 13 when I first drank outside of the family environment.  The first memorable drink related event was a school trip to London when I was 14 and we had taken cans of lager to secretly drink on the train.  As we drank we got more confident and ended up buying lager from the buffet car until the teacher twigged what we were doing.  Next morning the headmaster showed us the perils of drink with his cane - oh the good old days  :-/

It didn't stop my drinking excesses during my youth - I still cannot face Rum and Black or Pernod after over-indulgences over twenty years later.
Keats and Yeats are on your side
But you lose 'cause weird lover Wilde is on mine

Bez

• TNMS Member
  • Yes, I DO look like my bloody avatar...
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2004, 15:07:56 PM »
It didn't stop my drinking excesses during my youth - I still cannot face Rum and Black or Pernod after over-indulgences over twenty years later.

I'm the same with scotch....can't abide the smell of the stuff...
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

Led Boots

• TNMS Member
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2004, 23:32:40 PM »
Although I had tasted beer lots of times when I'd ask my dad for a sip of his Keith's(the main local beer here, brewed by Alexander Keith, a Scotsman that emmigrated to Halifax and started a brewing empire), but I can proudly sing Homer Simpson's song "When I was 17, I had my very first beer, when I was 17". The first time I had a full beer was when I was 17, and it was a Heineken, and it was awsome. I love European beer. You people in Europe really know how to make great tasting liquid that makes you go after 16 year olds at a high school party. Great stuff. Great chocolalte in Europe too.

-Led
Metallica - ACC Sec 121, Row 19, Seats 19 or 20

Gary L. Grape

• TNMS Member
  • B.B. King, Johnny Cash, Metallica and Laurasia...
    • Hilastherion
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2004, 11:09:07 AM »
First time I got drunk or first alcohol experience?

Well, first alcohol experience was the tasting of my mother's wine at dinner. Made me feel like I was almost grown up. Tasted ok, I suppose...

Now, first time I got drunk was on a football tournament in Sweden. My team had come from Finland to play in "

Jonners

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Give me strength.....
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2004, 14:00:48 PM »
Wine with parents for sunday dinners, probably starting at about 9/10.

very gallic.
The new songs are an abomination

Tom Garrett

• Basement
  • TNMS Member
  • Sigh
« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2004, 05:17:08 AM »

rum and black i love, but pernod turns my stomach, even the smell of it after a similar overindulgence about 20 years ago as well. :P
Don't argue with the ignorant and stupid; they'll take you down to their level and beat you with experience!

DaveC

• TNMS Member
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2004, 23:53:25 PM »
When I was about 15-ish I decided that that I should try my luck in a pub. I got "dressed up", met my mate and managed to get into the pub where we duly managed to get in and sat in the darkest corner that we could find. Then we had to get served, hopefully with no questions asked. I decided that I would have just turned 18 if I was asked how old I was and memorised a suitable date of birth.
My mate went first and came back with a pint of (sweet) cider which neither of us liked. I didn't like beer either but when I got to the bar I wasn't asked how old I was but could I hell think of a suitable drink to ask for.
Putting on my deepest, over-18 voice, I asked for a sherry - cause that's all I could think of and my mum used to drink it. You can guess the next question can't you. "How old are you son?"

Needless to say I was home early that night.    
DaveC

JCT

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2004, 06:01:50 AM »

I'm the same with Pernod & Black - haven't touched one in 21 years now - even the smell of Pernod makes me want to upchuck.....uuurrggghhh....

mark_kennedy

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2004, 16:27:19 PM »
Same as a few people on here, plied with wine at Sunday dinner by mum and dad.

First time I got seriously pissed was at a mate's birthday party when I was about 15, we'd all had chili and rice and then after his folks had gone to bed, we got a couple of litres of cider out (one of my other mates worked in a local shop so he managed to get it despite being underage as well) and got stuck into that. Made me so ill that I started throwing up. It was a sleepover so all my so called mates did was stand me up in my sleeping bag and pull the sides up over my head.

Woke up in the morning with a sore head and a sleeping bag full of kidney beans ;-)

Was really bad at a work party once and came home and spewed up my bedroom wall. Mother wasn't impressed.

Last time I can remember I wasn't ill, but went on another works outing to a bar and then an Italian restaurant. Almost ended up with my face in a bowl of pasta when I starting nodding off due to the drink.

Funny thing is I don't really get hangovers anymore, haven't had one for ages.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2004, 16:29:31 PM by mark_kennedy »

Sary

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2004, 04:14:59 AM »
Okay, I feel like being really anal here... This is from my diary, on the 7th of January 1989:

I tasted wine for the first time in my life and to be honest, it wasn't all that good, sort of bitter-sweet. (How can something be bitter and sweet at the same time??)

LOL I was seventeen back then. Alcohol really didn't play much of a part in my youth -some of my friends would drink and get drunk and I would watch it all from the side and wonder what was so great about getting into a state where you have to pass out on a park bench after having thrown up in the nearest bush.  ::) ::) I used to be the "baby-sitter" for them while we were out in the town on weekends.

After I moved from my hometown to Helsinki, I learnt to appreciate wine, thanks to my aunts and their hubbies, who are passionate wine drinkers. As a result I'm always in the mood for a glass or two (or three...or four...depends on the occasion  ;D) of wine but I have never, ever liked beer. Cognac is great with a cup of coffee, though.

So no, I'm not a typical Finnish drinker, never was and never will be. The irony of it all is that my alcohol tolerance is actually quite high -what a waste, really!  lmao