Great Britain?

Started by Vapor Trailer, June 19, 2008, 06:44:27 am

Previous topic - Next topic

döm

That's as maybe, but Germany, Holland, Finland and France are turning out vast quantities of shiping compared to the UK, and what advantage do they have over us in terms of wages and raw materials?

The UK Shipbuilding industry still employs over 5,000 people though (mainly involved with repair, conversion and maintenance)
You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

BaldiePete

The UK Shipbuilding industry still employs over 5,000 people though (mainly involved with repair, conversion and maintenance)

We still build naval ships at BAE Systems on the Clyde and at Portsmouth and Barrow-in-Furness.

Nïckslïkk2112

We still build naval ships at BAE Systems on the Clyde and at Portsmouth and Barrow-in-Furness.

Well we don't want Johnny Foreigner building our Men-of-War do we now?
As an island race we should have a decent capacity for building merchant ships to import all the goods we sell in the shops.
Of course the unions in our shipyards meant that they weren't very endearing to Thatch. Wasn't one of the terms of Nissan moving to Sunderland that nobody was to build ships on the Wear?
Legend in my own Mind

döm

Well we don't want Johnny Foreigner building our Men-of-War do we now?
As an island race we should have a decent capacity for building merchant ships to import all the goods we sell in the shops.

Why ? What difference does it make ?

Nïckslïkk2112

Why? What difference does it make?

So when we've pissed everybody in the world off we can still build our own :)
Legend in my own Mind

döm

So when we've pissed everybody in the world off we can still build our own :)

yes I can see that - bit late now - best stay friends with everyone then  :D