TNMS-Down The Drain

Started by 1111, May 24, 2008, 11:24:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

roadcrew

All fair points, but I did point out that as long as something was not racist, homophobic or outright hateful, then it should be ok. If it steps over the line, then thats why you guys are there, and can take steps.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, if someone is really that sensitive to what is typed in a virtual medium, then perhaps message boards are not for them.

Anyway, this place is much nicer than other places on the net I could mention...

::)

Have to agree totally, Paul.
I aim to grow old, bald, and fat gracefully

Prince By-Tor

QuoteSorry, but with respect, that is utter bullsh!t.

Thanks I appreciate the respect. You're the first to give me some! ;)

QuoteI don't post here as much as I used to, but rest assured, Fishy and Jonners et al are certainly not the reason. in fact, their humour is one of the things that keeps this place interesting.

Face it, British humour has always had a bit of an "edge" to it, and I feel that if we adopt the approach you suggest then we will be just like certain forums across the pond. I'm not saying we are any better, but sarcastic banter is just a part of life here, it's unfortunate that you seem unduly sensitive to it.

I am a sensitive soul, I get that from my Mum, but when did I actually say that I was offended by or disliked Fishy's and Jonners humour? I've said a few times that they are funny guys and I personally love a dry, witty sense of humour. You've not met me, but trust me their humour is on a par with mine. But on occasion I think the two of them do step over the mark (remember Jonners naughty posts regarding homosexuals that got him a slapped wrist? I wasn't offended, but it was below the belt).
I'm sticking up for the ones who have been offended by them or other TNMS members. I've never said that I have been personally offended. All I've said is that I can see why people might take offence, not that I have... :-?

QuoteIMO, NO-ONE has the right not to be offended

I can't really agree with you, sorry. And this is why I say that: If someone is so deeply offended and upset by someones comments on here (that for arguments sake, brings them to tears) are you saying, "Tough, you've no right to 'NOT' be offended so dry your eyes and pull yourself together, you big jessie!"? If that's the case I find that very sad. Respect to you too, but I do. A very self-centred opinion in my book.
Of course if I've mis-quoted you then I take that back, but it does appear that way (to me).

QuoteIt's only a messageboard FFS, either take it on the chin and laugh it off or give as good as you get....Personally, I can't remember seeing anything that I would class as malicious here.

Carry on.

I do mate. :)
Again, I was only re-acting to all the things I'd seen recently and how tired I was of seeing members arguing etc. I can see how things look from the other side of the fence and how people can be offended, even if I'm not.

Is it wrong to not

Chris Quartly

::)

Have to agree totally, Paul.

I'm going to respond to some of these posts in the morning but I am just staggered at Peter's use of an emoticon!
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

Analog RH

I'm going to respond to some of these posts in the morning but I am just staggered at Peter's use of an emoticon!

Me too. Next thing he'll be staying up late of a night.......  ;) ;D

NeilP

monkey see monkey do

Prince By-Tor

May 28, 2008, 02:20:37 am #185 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 02:33:58 am by Prince_By_Tor

I'm going to respond to some of these posts in the morning

Well I won't be, sorry.

After seeing Bec's and Stewart's post regarding her uncle, it has made this debate seem so trivial and utterly pointless. I want no further part in it. Besides I've nothing more to add.

So, Steve (VT) if you want to respond to what I said in my reply to you, please send me a PM instead. I'd be glad to hear from you (but no probs if you feel it unnecessary). :)

I will not be looking into this thread again.

Oh, and for the record, I'm not leaving. You're stuck with me! ;)

Btw, call that a cop out if you wish, but what else am I supposed to say? How many times do I have to spell it? And besides, a little voice in my head (my dad - he talks to me a lot) has told me to leave it now. I've said my piece and I can't say anymore. Just think about poor Bec, and her family. Our thoughts and concerns should be with them. :)

Vapor Trailer

May 28, 2008, 05:15:39 am #186 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 06:06:59 am by Vapor_Trailer

Steve, I genuinely look forward to having a pint with you at some point, so we can hopefully get to know each other better. My sincere apologises for not explaining myself better and for making you think you'd done more than you had. I regret this and I'm angry for not communicating my thought more accurately. :( :-[ :'(

No need to apologise.
I can see you feel very strongly about TNMS' supposed demise as I was/am having the same feelings.
As I said, I'm saddened but not shocked that I made your "hitlist" but for you to be annoyed at me for being annoyed with Slim (even though you understand why I was annoyed) is a bit daft.
Always look forward to a pint with a fellow Rush fan (and to be fair with people who hate Rush as well ::))
I think you've put forward your reasons for your posts - in this thread in particular - quite well, for the record. Anyone can see how heartfelt it is and TNMS is a better place for having you here. That said, it's also a better place for having Jonners, Fishy, Slim, Breesey, me and even the nasty name caller, NeilP :o :-? ::)

So until our pint, cheers. [smiley=beer.gif]

VT
I wish I could live it all again.

roadcrew

Now how the F**k did that happen. :-? No booze, :-X no extras ::),  or anything to blame. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Totally accidental, my flabber is ghasted. :-[

;D

roadcrew

(and to be fair with people who hate Rush as well ::))
VT

Glad to see I made your list, Steve...grins...

roadcrew

Oh, and for the record, I'm not leaving. You're stuck with me! ;)

Now that is good news...big smile....

Vapor Trailer

Glad to see I made your list, Steve...grins...

Yep, I was specifically thinking of you there Peter. :)

roadcrew

Yep, I was specifically thinking of you there Peter. :)

Aw, now you have embarrassed me :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Vapor Trailer

Aw, now you have embarrassed me :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Where normally you make a good success of that yourself.

Chris Quartly

All fair points, but I did point out that as long as something was not racist, homophobic or outright hateful, then it should be ok. If it steps over the line, then thats why you guys are there, and can take steps.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, if someone is really that sensitive to what is typed in a virtual medium, then perhaps messageboards are not for them.

Anyway, this place is much nicer than other places on the net I could mention...

Exactly, and I can't stress any more that this is how I feel about everything. I cannot (and will not) stop people posting unless something oversteps the mark, differences of opinion are just that.
Last.fm playlist of previous 7 days:<br /><br /><br />Q's Comps<br /><br />Some Other Suckers Parade

roadcrew

May 28, 2008, 10:01:51 am #194 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 10:02:12 am by roadcrew

Where normally you make a good success of that yourself.

No wonder people leave because of your posts, I am now unconsolable :( :( :(