TNMS-Down The Drain

Started by 1111, May 24, 2008, 12:24:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzface

yep

[smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Lovely! ;D

I think Fishy should do all the artwork for the S&A Tour boots ::)

Jonners

[smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif] [smiley=grin.gif]

Lovely! ;D

I think Fishy should do all the artwork for the S&A Tour boots ::)

There are only so many pics of piles of poo on the internet one can find

(in my opinion)
The new songs are an abomination

Fuzzface

There are only so many pics of piles of poo on the internet one can find

(in my opinion)

True, but there is also Photoshopping....there could be loads of variation...

On the other hand......there were no variations in the setlist, so why not have the same artwork on all the boots..? ::)

Ron_Hill

Jojo certainly stood by her man for sure and she has generated some debate on the nature of debate in this wonderful place which is a good thing from time to time. I for one think a pizza and a few pints is still the best way to settle an argument. Failing that, a nuclear bazooka is always handy to have. :)

Ron_Hill

Topper

QuoteI for one think a pizza and a few pints is still the best way to settle an argument.

I agree....And it is lunchtime.

Prince By-Tor

I agree with what you posted above there Neil. :)
And I know what Simon is trying to say; and more to the point I completely agree and sympathise with his thoughts. Its just that I've asked him for an example of why I'm in his list and he responded with examples which weren't anything to do with me. (the correcting grammar posts, the taking the p*ss out of someone posts, the Gman posts). I just want to know why he is annoyed with me. I feel I've been either mis-quoted or mis-understood.

Oh man, I wish I hadn't gotten involved!! :-/ :-X ::) ;D

Steve, I was generalising, honest. I thought you'd get that. Sorry for the mis-understanding. :-[

Its funny, but you've said what I was going to say myself. It was more the bickering side of things that I was referring to with you, i.e the issues you had with Slim.
I dont so much blame you for what you said to Slim. If you felt you had a reason to 'have a go' then fair enough - not my business, it was just that it seemed as though no matter what thread I went on, there was always someone having a go, taking the p*ss, pulling someone down, etc etc etc. Maybe I was unlucky in picking the wrong threads to read... ::)
I suppose it was probably unfair of me to put you in that list, but from my explanation I hope you can see why I did. Had I known it was going to cause as much upset as it has, I wouldn't have made the list full stop. But I was asked to - even though I didn't want to cause upset - so I, in some ways hastily, looking back on it, put down the names I always seemed to see involved, down. I hope I'm making myself clearer here, or am I making myself look stupid and an idiot? As I can see that some members might think I've been trying to cause trouble, and spouting my mouth without real reason for it. :-/ :-[ My reasons (and concerns) are genuine and I've tried to be sincere. But I guess its fair to say that my emotions have (probably) got the better of me. I've let my heart rule my head, so to speak.

Without repeating what I said in last nights posts too much, I was only sharing the opinions of several disgruntled TNMS members, and having decided to add my twopenn'orth worth to the debate, instead of leaving, I kind of feel like I've made it worse. :-/ :(

I know in most situations in life, you sometimes have to take two or three steps back, to take one step forward.
I might not have handled this the right way (I thought in my head I had, but my actions were probably different), but if I've helped to get TNMS back on track - even one wheel - then I'll be happy.

We all can't get on or agree all of the time, but please let's get on better than we have done recently. I know it's not everyone and to some folk it's storms in teacups, but no matter what the views of me or this debate are, let's keep TNMS away from the brink.

Steve, I genuinely look forward to having a pint with you at some point, so we can hopefully get to know each other better. My sincere apologises for not explaining myself better and for making you think you'd done more than you had. I regret this and I'm angry for not communicating my thought more accurately. :( :-[ :'(

Regards

Simon

NeilP

Stop apologising to the stunted monkey and just share a pint or two fcs.

Prince By-Tor

Quotei just find it utterly ridiculous that 4 /5 people out of whatever the membership is can have such an effect on people... ie they feel they either want to leave or that all they see is constant criticism, which is usually just an alternte point of view...

I see what you mean, I really do. I listed you guys as the guys who I more often than not saw doing what I said.
To be fair, most members know what you and Jonners are like when you get together, and most of the time you two are sooo funny, but occassionally (imo) you've stepped over the mark. I can see how people could be offended by what you too have said sometimes. Please don't be offended by that, I say it with good grace.
I'm not suggesting you've said this, but it has been said on this forum that if members can't take ridicule or criticism etc they should go elsewhere. For me that is totally unfair and arrogant. Yes, some folk are naturally too forthright in their views and I suppose you can't tell them off for that, but when you have people who are more sensitive than others etc, surely that person could use a little more tact when posting? Especially if they know that person is a little on the sensitive side. I don't think it's unfair to ask that some members use a bit more common sense when posting. :-/

Prince By-Tor

QuoteStop apologising to the stunted monkey and just share a pint or two fcs.

;D

Prince By-Tor

I just thought of this:

We all make mistakes,

We don't have all the answers,

We are all humble.

Fridge

May 27, 2008, 23:18:47 pm #176 Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 23:20:40 pm by Paul_Anderson
I'm not suggesting you've said this, but it has been said on this forum that if members can't take ridicule or criticism etc they should go elsewhere. For me that is totally unfair and arrogant. Yes, some folk are naturally too forthright in their views and I suppose you can't tell them off for that, but when you have people who are more sensitive than others etc, surely that person could use a little more tact when posting? Especially if they know that person is a little on the sensitive side. I don't think it's unfair to ask that some members use a bit more common sense when posting. :-/

Sorry, but with respect, that is utter bullshit.

I don't post here as much as I used to, but rest assured, Fishy and Jonners et al are certainly not the reason. in fact, their humour is one of the things that keeps this place interesting.

Face it, British humour has always had a bit of an "edge" to it, and I feel that if we adopt the approach you suggest then we will be just like certain forums across the pond. I'm not saying we are any better, but sarcastic banter is just a part of life here, it's unfortunate that you seem unduly sensitive to it. I'm sure Fishy will agree as a fellow Scot, if we are being nice to each other then something is wrong! :D

IMO, NO-ONE has the right not to be offended, and as long as whatever is said is not downright rascist, homophobic, or blatantly discriminatory, then anything goes.

It's only a messageboard FFS, either take it on the chin and laugh it off or give as good as you get....Personally, I can't remember seeing anything that I would class as malicious here.

Carry on.
Ach, if Dougie were here, he'd tell you himself....

Nick

Everybody's got to evalate from the norm.

Pudders

Sorry, but with respect, that is utter bullsh!t.

I don't post here as much as I used to, but rest assured, Fishy and Jonners et al are certainly not the reason. in fact, their humour is one of the things that keeps this place interesting.

Face it, British humour has always had a bit of an "edge" to it, and I feel that if we adopt the approach you suggest then we will be just like certain forums across the pond. I'm not saying we are any better, but sarcastic banter is just a part of life here, it's unfortunate that you seem unduly sensitive to it. I'm sure Fishy will agree as a fellow Scot, if we are being nice to each other then something is wrong! :D

IMO, NO-ONE has the right not to be offended, and as long as whatever is said is not downright rascist, homophobic, or blatantly discriminatory, then anything goes.

It's only a messageboard FFS, either take it on the chin and laugh it off or give as good as you get....Personally, I can't remember seeing anything that I would class as malicious here.

Carry on.

So tnms is subject to Natural Selection then - with only the strongest, fittest, thickest skinned, individuals remaining?

I think it was a more vibrant community when a larger cross section of people visited and posted regularly, but that's evolution for you, nothing stays the same for ever....... ;)

Fridge

May 28, 2008, 00:07:13 am #179 Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 00:07:55 am by Paul_Anderson

So tnms is subject to Natural Selection then - with only the strongest, fittest, thickest skinned, individuals remaining?

I think it was a more vibrant community when a larger cross section of people visited and posted regularly, but that's evolution for you, nothing stays the same for ever....... ;)

All fair points, but I did point out that as long as something was not racist, homophobic or outright hateful, then it should be ok. If it steps over the line, then thats why you guys are there, and can take steps.

As has been pointed out elsewhere, if someone is really that sensitive to what is typed in a virtual medium, then perhaps messageboards are not for them.

Anyway, this place is much nicer than other places on the net I could mention...
Ach, if Dougie were here, he'd tell you himself....