HAIR ADVICE

Started by zoony, January 13, 2007, 21:52:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bez

QuoteSorry guys, i havn't done anything with it at the moment, but you'll be the first to know if i do  ;).

you're such a let down Zoony, I wish I'd read this before casting my vote in the eviction poll  :'(
RC1.1 abd g/n 11/0/bcd/tG PeW/- ~600 x 0 61%

roadcrew

I decided to subtly lighten mine a few months ago, and ended up having a bit of a bad hair day

It certainly blended in the grey, but I didn't feel that the Gestapo Blond look was me.

I rescued it with some semi-permanent dark blond hair dye from Boots, the next day. Looked pretty good after that, quite honestly.

You look like the jury has just found you guilty, James. Probably of having a terrible hair do...smiles...

Think I will keep mine short, hate it when it gets in my eyes..grins..
I aim to grow old, bald, and fat gracefully

Andrew_Haldane

Some of you know already that I dye my hair. it started a couple of years ago when one of my daughters was doing a Beauticians NVQ at College. She had to practice various different procedures including waxing. I chose the coward's way out but I hated my hair before it was dyed. If it was all grey or white (like my fathers hair) I'd be absolutely fine but it looks like a very ill seagull has shit on my head. As its now fairly long it would look even worse if it weren't periodically dyed. I'm thinking off using a semi permanent dye so i can grow out the permanently dyed hair. That way i can see the progress of the grey coverage so that when it does eventually look reasonable I can just stop dyeing it all together. Its not just a question of vanity for me. I freely admit that I do it because I think it makes me look better even if it is obvious and thats partly the point. I'm not trying to hide it, every one who has known me for longer than 2 years knows I dye my hair. So what it makes me feel more comfortable about my self image and thats important. Feel free to mock though! ;-)

zoony

QuoteSome of you know already that I dye my hair. it started a couple of years ago when one of my daughters was doing a Beauticians NVQ at College. She had to practice various different procedures including waxing. I chose the coward's way out but I hated my hair before it was dyed. If it was all grey or white (like my fathers hair) I'd be absolutely fine but it looks like a very ill seagull has sh!t on my head. As its now fairly long it would look even worse if it weren't periodically dyed. I'm thinking off using a semi permanent dye so i can grow out the permanently dyed hair. That way i can see the progress of the grey coverage so that when it does eventually look reasonable I can just stop dyeing it all together. Its not just a question of vanity for me. I freely admit that I do it because I think it makes me look better even if it is obvious and thats partly the point. I'm not trying to hide it, every one who has known me for longer than 2 years knows I dye my hair. So what it makes me feel more comfortable about my self image and thats important. Feel free to mock though! ;-)

Fair play to you Andy, it's your choice mate. My 15 year old son Brad has died his this week, one of those wash out ones. It ain't too bad actually, i could be tempted....

IanTheHolte

wtf........ :-?
Bloody hell ROB..... i remember a certain someone taking the pi** out of a work colleague for the very same thing.........

Eucon will be interesting to see what the ZOONSTER wins in the raffle..... ;D

RUSH "took my little baby soul on one hell of a ride"
                                           NP   Ghost rider

Nïckslïkk2112

QuoteSome of you know already that I dye my hair. it started a couple of years ago when one of my daughters was doing a Beauticians NVQ at College. She had to practice various different procedures including waxing. I chose the coward's way out but I hated my hair before it was dyed. If it was all grey or white (like my fathers hair) I'd be absolutely fine but it looks like a very ill seagull has sh!t on my head. As its now fairly long it would look even worse if it weren't periodically dyed. I'm thinking off using a semi permanent dye so i can grow out the permanently dyed hair. That way i can see the progress of the grey coverage so that when it does eventually look reasonable I can just stop dyeing it all together. Its not just a question of vanity for me. I freely admit that I do it because I think it makes me look better even if it is obvious and thats partly the point. I'm not trying to hide it, every one who has known me for longer than 2 years knows I dye my hair. So what it makes me feel more comfortable about my self image and thats important. Feel free to mock though! ;-)

R U Geddy in disguise??????????

Chant it loud: "I'm Grey and I'm Proud"
Legend in my own Mind

Andrew_Haldane

R U Geddy in disguise??????????

Chant it loud: "I'm Grey and I'm Proud"

Sounds like a Paul Stanley lyric

As I said if it looked tidy I'd have no problem being grey or white but it's horrible. Like the aftermath of a synchronised low level bombing raid from a couple of Gulls coming back from a night on the Guinness and a dodgy Korma. :P

Andrew_Haldane

I might have to get my hair cut depending on the type of job interviews I get. That will be interesting. If I did decide to have it cut as short as I used to I might as well let the dyed hair grow out.